Enabling dad passes away

Started by Ariel, May 02, 2020, 11:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariel

My dad died during this pandemic. He had Alzheimer's so I really started losing him years ago. It was a blessing for him since he went before hiss nd totally went. Plus he lived with my narc mom who treated him terribly.but he still loved her and lost it at night when she wasn't around. Otherwise I would have taken him to live with me. But o figure he chose her. He was the only one who really loved me and made me feel "safe" as much as he could but he couldn't stand up to her. I made my peace with him. Now I have no reason to contact my mom :they may contact me if and when we can have a funeral. I realize that I really don't want any contact with my narc mom and sister. They tried to tell me he was getting better when the doctor had said he was on life support and brain dead. Only said they were pulling the plug when I threatened to confront the doctor. The were monsters to the end.never once asked how I felt

SunnyMeadow

My condolences on your dad's passing Ariel. I'm sorry you had to deal with all of that with your narc mother and sister.

nanotech

I'm sending hugs and heartfelt condolences. This time will pass and happier memories of your dad will return. They will. Xx

notrightinthehead

I am sorry you lost your dad. Seems he was the only person in your family who deserved your attachment.  Now nobody binds you to your mother and sister anymore. You can be free of them.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

Sidney37

I am so sorry for your loss.  Sending virtual hugs and condolences.

bloomie

Ariel - it is hard to lose a dad that we knew loved us, however imperfectly. I am just so sorry for your loss. Sending you strength!
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.