New 3 PDs But Don't Agree

Started by Blush8, August 16, 2023, 06:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blush8

I am 50ish fe with a childhoodbackground with a likely Malignant N father, and mother and sister had many NPD bus mostly covert characteristics. There was a lot of emotional abuse, denying reality, and conyinual teasing and threats of assault/death to control me by my father. I have very chronically attracted 75 percent of adult relationships, friends too, as various types of NPD behaving people which really just keep my fight or flight C-PTSD going easily. I have been without a stable home for over 11 years. I am a visual Artist.I have been dx with BPD, AVPD, and Bi-P2

xredshoesx

welcome to the group blush8,

growing up with a PD/ uPD parent is especially tough-  once i started trying to assert any kind of independence from my uPD mother- our relationship became non-existent. 

it really is hard to break free and learn who *i* was and what *i* had to do as far as work to make sure the behavior patterns i learned in childhood were not things i kept repeating as an adult with my relationship choices.  being here keeps me grounded and when i feel like i am acting my mother, i get myself back into therapy STAT.

the boards that helped me the most were the chosen relationship board and the dealing with PD parents board.  They both sound like a good fit for you based on what you've shared, and when you're ready to share more- we're listening.

Chosen Relationships

Dealing with PD Parents