Narc or control freak?

Started by Izzi63, August 27, 2023, 02:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izzi63

My H is a controlling person. Everything needs to be his idea. He is very picky about the house his cars he says he's allergic to perfume, but I don't think he is allergic I think he just doesn't really like it. I have to ask permission basically to even hang up a picture.He thinks I should know what he wants by now(been married 25years) I've been told that my profession is really a transitional job and not a profession. I've been told to not have short hair, no tattoo, my clothing is made fun of and he is very critical about other people. He brings me flowers and takes great care of me but does not go into talking about feelings and ideas . Especially mine . He also twists stories so he is the subject of them . Like when I won the chili contest he tells the story with him winning the contest. He watches where I go on the find friends app on our phones and took over my Amazon account( made it ours instead of mine) He does not like that I started my own checking account so I defended it saying I could never surprise him with a gift because he has access to all our finances and visits the site daily to see expenses.
I feel a little trapped but don't know if it's controlling issues or narcissism issues. Any enlightenment would be appreciated

bloomie

Izzi63 - hi there. Adding another warm welcome to you. I am really glad you have joined us and hope when you are ready you will join the conversations taking place on the boards.

What you describe experiencing in your marriage sounds suffocating and difficult. My thought was... what happens if you go 'off script' and cut your hair (if you want to) or wear perfume because you enjoy doing so?
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.