Hello, I'm back again!

Started by fixingtofix, September 13, 2023, 01:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fixingtofix

Hello, I'm back again :) I wasn't a big poster a years ago, but I did read a lot here and it has helped me grow so much.

That being said, my father passed away in 2019 and it was such a healing time for me. I did spend his last day with him and said my goodbyes. He wasn't the best man ever, had his demons, but softened towards the end.

I've been able to re-establish a relationship with one of my sisters and my  mother, as the other sister, the GC is no longer in the spotlight (Dad was the one who made her the GC, the rest of us are not fans of sister). This has been good.

Now, I'm dealing with the pending death of my MIL. If you can read my post history, you can see that there is a lot of back story, most that I haven't even shared. Basically MIL is most likely an uNP and my FIL is probably the same? It's hard to tell, there's so much toxicity going on there.

Mostly what is happening right now is that MIL is most likely dying, but we aren't getting much, if any information, and the information we are getting isn't adding up. It sounds like major medical neglect by the doctors but at the same time, it sounds like my FIL just doesn't want to face that she's dying and won't let them treat her (cancer). I have to go back and forth in text messages because it feels like we are getting gas lit. Some siblings are told important things like "oh hey mom has two tumors" while my husband wasn't.

Thanks for listening! Is there a forum here that would make sense for me to go to for more help on this sort of PD issue?

bloomie

Hi there and welcome back. It is encouraging to read that you were able to reconnect with your father before he died and with your mother and on sibling on new and healthier terms. I hope that those relationships continue to grow and strengthen and be a source of comfort to you all.

We have a board solely dedicated to the complexity of difficult in law relationships that I think you will find is a great place to work through the situation you now face with your mil. I am so sorry she is so ill and having uncertainty in her actual condition has to be very stressful for you and your H and family.

Here is a link to take you to the in law board. A place I hang out quite a lot myself. I look forward to supporting you!

https://www.outofthefog.net/forum/index.php?board=38.0
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.