Daughter of two narcs

Started by MarriedFroggy88, April 08, 2022, 02:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarriedFroggy88

Nice to meet you!
I found this site from Reddit.

I'm the eldest of 2 daughters, both my parents have PDs and I'm the process of healing.
I'm happy when I go NC with them, but whenever I hear from them and the things they do, my day is ruined and I feel terrible and helpless, guilty, angry, distraught and I have to constantly remind myself that this is not my fault, that I'm not the bad guy and that I'm worthy.

I know I will learn a lot from you, and I hope my experiences can also help some of you.
I'm happy to know all of us are in this together, let's give each other strength!

bloomie

Hi MarriedFroggy88! My apologies that you have not yet received a proper welcome! I am so glad that you have found us and reached out to the community.

This is a wonderful place to learn and grow together as we heal from the disordered behaviors from loved ones that are still echoing in our lives in a painful way.

The toolbox and the drop down menus above are great places to read and get some strategies and insights with your experiences. Another great place to dive in, when you are ready is our Dealing with PD Parents sub forum found here: https://www.outofthefog.net/forum/index.php?board=4.0

In the meantime, keep coming back and sharing as you feel comfortable and join the conversations. Again, we welcome you!
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

Hazy111

I feel terrible and helpless, guilty, angry, distraught and I have to constantly remind myself that this is not my fault, that I'm not the bad guy and that I'm worthy.

With good enough reasonably mentally healthy parents , the emotional health of the child is their responsibility. With narcissistic PD parents its the emotional health of the parents that is the responsibility of the child.

Not your fault.