Contact

Started by KeepingMyBlue, February 22, 2019, 07:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeepingMyBlue

After 3 years NPDm remembers she used to have a d she loved to puppet. She probably just needs the enabler I refuse to be. No chance of going back, but I'm a bit shaken, and getting angry.

moglow

Sometimes all you can do is breathe and remind yourself that she can't hurt you anymore. Rattled you may be right now, but remember you're in charge of your life - who you let in and who you don't.
"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
"Expectations are disappointments under construction." ~Capn Spanky, The Nook circa 2005ish

KeepingMyBlue

Thanks moglow :bighugs:

moglow

Right back atcha! I understand all too well, unfortunately. I'm in very limited contact with mine, strictly as and when I'm willing. It's taken a lot of work and tears, but it's much harder for her to get to me than it used to be. She has semiannual meltdowns but they're less effective and I have far less tolerance for that kind of bullshit.

I'm a big fan of The Four Agreements, if you're a reader. It does help me refocus and separate by stuff from hers when i need the reminder. :bigwink:
"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
"Expectations are disappointments under construction." ~Capn Spanky, The Nook circa 2005ish

KeepingMyBlue

I read a lot, always did as a way to escape. You caught me between books. I finished a goofy one on my lunch break. I can def spare the $2.99, thanks!