Am I projecting?

Started by Cascade, December 09, 2021, 04:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cascade

A few weeks ago I was looking at my activity log on facebook, and I was surprised that it said I had unfriended my pdh years ago. Now I know my husband has unfriended me once or twice, but I was really surprised to see that I had unfriended him. I always thought it was so childish when he unfriended me, I have a hard time believing I ever unfriended him, yet there it was. This has led me to wonder if some of the other things I've thought my husband had done were actually not true either. Kind of confusing and disturbing. Is projecting a "flea" that you can catch from being around PD people?

11JB68

A couple of thoughts.
Years ago when I was new to fb I unfriended Updh by mistake.... Hit a wrong button.
Also, could someone have hacked your account? UpdSIL once went into MIL FB and unfriended me and Updh.
MIL  was so upset!

Cascade

That's a possibility, I know my husband has picked up my phone at least once and looked at my Facebook because he asked me questions about something I posted. I have a password on my devices now to prevent that. Thanks.

escapingman

When I was deep into the FOG I had fleas of all sorts, I was engaging in all childish behaviour as I lived in the storm of uPDw, uPDfil, uPDmil and uPDsil. Unfriending on facebook is something my uPDw use to do alot, but last time she unfriended me I responded by blocking her and she lost it (she has never unfriended me again). But the further Out of the FOG I get the less fleas I have. Could you have had lots of fleas at the time of unfriending him? Could you have been in a bad part of the cycle?

Cascade

QuoteCould you have had lots of fleas at the time of unfriending him? Could you have been in a bad part of the cycle?
Well I've been married a long time to my PD husband, so it's possible

1footouttadefog

There are glitches that happen with Facebook.

Also is it possible you unfriended to create privacy or something at a point when he was spying.

I at some point unfriended everyone then added back the non strangers.  My first Facebook got too weird too fast.  I later decided that all the changes to managing privacy etc were too much to keep up with and quit again. 

You know yourself so if you don't remember it do not dwell on it.  You know the real you.

Cascade

Thanks 1footouttadefog, I needed to hear that.