My car key

Started by sunshine702, May 09, 2024, 10:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunshine702

So my car key has come unglued several times in the last year. Each time I told my partner would fix it using his and his mother's FAVORITE glue JB Weld.

Well it would break again a month later.  I was blamed for BEING TOO HARD ON MY KEYS - which I believed.  Of course I am always wrong and bad.

Fast forward to this week when they broke again.  But I am separated now.  I went to the Home Depot and carefully looked at the glues and choose one.  Glued it set something heavy on top of it while drying.

It worked perfect.  I fixed it. It does not seem like it will break again.

It was his crappy glue all along not ME.

Remember that as you are being blamed for something....

Starboard Song

People are often their own harshest critics, and so much more when surrounded by naysaying, mote-magnifying critics with a PD.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

sunshine702

Yeah toward the end I realized I was bad and wrong 100 percent of the time.  And while I knew I was not wrong zero percent of the time anything above 50 was statistically improbable.

Now I can laugh.  Go kick someone else.

Call Me Cordelia

Quote from: Starboard Song on May 09, 2024, 10:55:45 AMPeople are often their own harshest critics, and so much more when surrounded by naysaying, mote-magnifying critics with a PD.

Ain't that the truth.

bloomie

Sunshine702 - feels pretty darn empowering to fix something once and for all that you have been accused of breaking! Bravo!

The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.