Missing The Kids For Christmas

Started by Kat54, December 24, 2019, 09:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat54

This will be my first Christmas not being with my two children.  Even though last year my very stbexH and I were not together the holiday schedule got all messed up because the whole separation thing was new. I was supposed to be with them for Christmas last year but my ex had no where to go, he's very good with the "poor me" victim thing.  He hosted Christmas Eve at the house...I ended up inviting myself because the whole holiday I was to be with my kids, and then he came to Christmas at my sisters.  This year the kids came and talked to both of us and set the rules for the holidays. They had Thanksgiving with me and Christmas is with him so I'm heading up to my other sisters about 4 hours away to spend the holiday with her and her family.

I want to say, While I will miss seeing them for Christmas, what a year and a huge difference from last year.  Last holiday year was awful, my ex and I were not speaking, it was awkward for my kids and my sister who had us for the Christmas holiday.  This year leading up to the holidays has been relatively calm, I'm in such a better place, and my kids are doing much better. We are at the end of the divorce and hopefully in a few weeks the divorce will be finalized.

Poison Ivy

Best wishes to you, Kat54!  I hope you feel as much support from this forum's visitors as you have provided to the rest of us.

athene1399

Kat,

The holidays can be difficult when you cannot see your children. But I'm glad this year is relatively calm so far. Just focus on having a good time with your sister and remember how great it was to spend Thanksgiving with your kids. Sometimes we have to take what we can get. I wish you have a good Christmas this year!