Feeling peace to step away

Started by Justme729, March 18, 2022, 09:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justme729

How do you find peace to step away from a team you dislike, but enjoy the role?

I know it is the right thing to do, and I'm Ok with it.   My heart is breaking though just a little bit each time.

I am tired of the micromanagement.  I am tired of the judgement.   I tired.   Just plan and simple tired.   Things have improved, but they aren't great enough to stay and do the same thing again next year.  It just doesn't feel good.

Starboard Song

I am leaving such a team right now: I love many many things about the situation I am in, but have nonetheless decided to make a change.

I think when interpersonal issues are involved, we sometimes treat it as two or more decisions in conflict with one another.

Imagine that the issue was any of these:

• The role is good, but you don't like the purpose of the work
  • The pay is great but the role is terrible
  • The location and office are wonderful, but the role is not fun

In those cases, there is no interpersonal injustice involved, so it feels more normal. We just add up the pros and cons and then make a decision. And we don't usually feel ongoing angst over the cons we accept, or the pros we forego. But when interpersonal stuff is involved, and makes the cons, it sets off our injustice meters. And so it feels so ugly to make a decision over that. "Why won't they just change?!?" But once you've gotten to such a point, these interpersonal issues are just as real as the office location, and have to simply be factored into your one decision.

Good luck to you, getting into a healthy, wholesome place.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

Jolie40

any chance things could change?

husband really liked his job
however, there were two women trying hard to get rid of him

lucky for him, in the next year one got fired & other quit
yes, he had some really stressful days but he still has the job he loves

nowadays, a lot of people are quitting & moving on to other jobs
do you think they could leave, also?

that said, I once left a job because the boss was TOO bossy
reminded me too much of PD parent!
be good to yourself

Justme729

Quote from: Jolie40 on March 19, 2022, 04:30:01 AM
any chance things could change?

husband really liked his job
however, there were two women trying hard to get rid of him

lucky for him, in the next year one got fired & other quit
yes, he had some really stressful days but he still has the job he loves

nowadays, a lot of people are quitting & moving on to other jobs
do you think they could leave, also?

that said, I once left a job because the boss was TOO bossy
reminded me too much of PD parent!

They won't change.   Two have work together for 5 years and the other is a clone. 
I'm at my wits end.  I was out for about a week due to personal matters.  It was questioned why I was out so long.  One questioned me since her spouse is a doctor and said something that contracted what I said.  So now rumor has it I'm lying.  Which is bull.  On top of that complained about my students and said they won't be ready for the next grade and my classroom management is lacking.   I just have time to be interrupted every few minutes for hand washing and tissues.  If you cough or sneeze get some sanitizer quickly.   If you need to blow your nose, just do it.  Whatever.   

I doubt things will change and our admin knows it is an issue,  not the first nor the last to want to leave this team.