It just keeps getting more bizarre

Started by realitybaths, April 29, 2022, 04:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realitybaths

So, my bpd sister has now completely cut off all communication with my brother, sister and I but still holds this bizarre relationship with my parents.   They will not even mention to her that she has caused mass destruction throughout our extended family, but especially for my sister who the PD sister abandoned after her son sexually and physically abused my functional sister's 5 year old daughter.  When my sister brought it up to the BPD sister, she entirely ghosted her causing the 5 year old to not only have the trauma of the abuse but to also be abandoned by the girl cousin who was one of her caretakers.

The hardest things for us functional siblings is that we recently learned that this PD sister, who now I think is also a total sociopath, who has caused so much wreckage, is now going up to MN with my father on an all expenses paid trip to see my very elderly G'ma. We are all like, your doing what?  Nuh uh, this is so, so, so wrong on so many levels.

I guess we are looking for answers where there are none?  Any advise would be welcome on how we navigate the tragic world that my parents are living in.

notrightinthehead

Gosh, I am so sorry! I hope your little niece is getting help for dealing with the trauma.
As for your parents, there is little you can do to change their behaviour. They are adults and they make their own choices. You could set a boundary with them - for example: Do not speak to me about Narc Sister and do not speak about me to NS. Nothing I tell you about myself can go to NS. If I find out that you tell NS anything I have told you about myself, I will reduce contact with you and I will stop telling you anything that matters to me. And then you stick to your boundary.
It sounds like your other siblings and yourself support each other. That could be very helpful on your journey Out of the FOG.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

feralcat

Sorry, but no one can help (?) your parents but themselves.

I know it's mind blowing that they seem to have chosen your unpdSis to support. It also looks like they're triangulating. Trying to get your grandmother on side. Hopefully she's not like them, but if she is then you can see where part of the dysfunction stems from.

I'm so sorry about your DN. I hope she's ok. And young enough, if kept totally removed, to start to forget them . I glad you still have contact with your other siblings, and that they're healthy supportive people.