Absence of flying monkeys

Started by Associate of Daniel, March 07, 2020, 04:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Associate of Daniel

There have been a few threads here lately about flying monkeys.  I don't want to hijack them so thought I'd pose my question seperately.

I don't seem to have attracted any flying monkeys at all in the nearly 8 years since uNPD exH left.

I'm glad about it but am not sure if it's a reflection on him or on me.

Do they stay away because they believe all the lies he and his uNPD wife tell about me? Or do they stay away because they don't believe the pds?

Or is there another reason?

Maybe the pds feel they don't need flying monkeys. That they're better than everyone else so flying monkeys wouldn't do a good enough job.

I don't know.

I'm not losing any sleep over it.  Just ruminating really.

AOD

Whiteheron

I'm not sure. I don't seem to have any active flying monkeys in my life right now. I know his FOO has turned against me, but if they're smearing me, I don't hear about it. They live halfway across the country. Same with stbx's co-workers. I know for a fact he's smeared me at work, but since I don't interact with these people, it doesn't affect me. He can try to smear me at the kids' school but I honestly don't care. I've participated, volunteered, and made myself known to all of the kids' teachers, so best of luck to him. They can choose to believe whatever they want. I know who and what I am deep down. I try to keep my head up and take the high road whenever I can.

I'm certain he's tried to start up a flying monkey brigade, but it just hasn't...grown wings  :upsidedown:

He is definitely showing his dysregulation more often lately - so I think people (partly) see what he's about.
You can't destroy me if I don't care.

Being able to survive it doesn't mean it was ever ok.

Associate of Daniel

Ooo. I just reread my post and I'm so ashamed of my spelling...

Flying monkies, monkeys!

I must be losing a few brain cells.

But yes, I'm sure the smear campaign is well active, even after all these years. And like you, Whiteheron, I'm comfortable with myself and don't really care any more.

AOD

Phoenix Rising

I think there could be more than one explanation. The flying monkeys may appear to be away for now because the PD person doesn't have you actively in their sights? Perhaps a new source of supply in other words. Another consideration is that the people PDs try to involve in smear campaigns or use as flying monkeys may actually just not give enough of a care to participate. They may not believe the PDs or they don't want to be involved in drama.
And here you are living despite it all..

Know this: the person who did this to you is broken. Not you... I will not watch you collapse