And so it begins...

Started by Cat of the Canals, August 01, 2019, 03:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

athene1399

P123, They have a tendency to contradict themselves. lol Like "how can you afford to pay for that gas? What a stupid idea to put gas in your car. by the way, please drive the 100 miles there and back to visit us right now. That's worth the gas at least!"  :roll: If you're doing something "stupid" for them, it's totally worth it. If you do it for yourself or anyone else then it's ridiculous. Always the double standard.

p123

Quote from: athene1399 on August 06, 2019, 06:21:35 AM
P123, They have a tendency to contradict themselves. lol Like "how can you afford to pay for that gas? What a stupid idea to put gas in your car. by the way, please drive the 100 miles there and back to visit us right now. That's worth the gas at least!"  :roll: If you're doing something "stupid" for them, it's totally worth it. If you do it for yourself or anyone else then it's ridiculous. Always the double standard.

Yes its crazy isnt it? Dad a few times now has said to me "you look tired, you need to slow down, stop rushing around and look after yourself". OMG - you're the one who demands my every spare minute when I'm not working!!!!

His worse one is me taking time off work. I'm self employed consultant so no work = no pay. Don't get too upset I get pretty much 3x more than an employee so its worth it. But rough with the smooth.... The number of times Dad has said "you don't get paid why are you taking two weeks off?" YES I KNOW. I dread to think how many (ZERO!) holidays I'd have had as a kid if Dad was the same when he worked.

Then he'll want a lift to his hospital appointment. "Can't you just take one day off, you earn enough?". Eh? I don't get how this is different. Its a $15 taxi/cab ride for him which I offer to pay. Or he can get the free transport (takes 30 mins longer). Or I can lose at least 20x that much pay by wasting the day in the hospital with you . NO WAY JOSE!