Damned if you do, damned if you don't

Started by escapingman, December 06, 2023, 07:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lookin 2 B Free

Aw, that's wonderful, EM! I guess she got the message that your door is open. It sounds like you're happy and smiling, too.  You deserve it!

(P.S.  I understand the need to let go and stop counting on things changing. Sometimes that's just when they do change - though not always.)

square

escapingman

Thanks for your kind messages. Yesterday was amazing and we had a great time, DD2 was very relaxed this time compared to when I have seem her before. Apparently DD and DD2 had a big argument the other day where DD2 tried to get DD into line with uNPDxw but DD told her some truths about what she is doing to me. Either some of those truths hit home, or it is a piece in some kind of masterplan orchestrated by uNPDxw. WHatever it was, it gave me the opportunity to show DD2 around the house and point out which bedroom will be hers. I take everything one day at a time, but I am hopeful for the future. It was cheer joy standing in the kitchen cooking for both my girls and hearing them playing and laughing in the lounge.

SonofThunder

EM, so glad to read you experienced the joy of them spending some time together. A very real gift of hope for the moment. 

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

SeaBreeze

EM, your heart must be so happy. My heart is happy for you!!!

losingmyself

So happy to read that your girls are peacefully together in your home! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

StartingHealing

Good news! What a wonderful thing  ;D  Enjoy EM.

escapingman

Thanks for your kind messages.

Me and DD are enjoying our vacation far away from home and with no pressure. DD2 and particular XW tried to guilt trip us for going,  but that failed. I know the truth and the games, I just don't play them. It's sad to not have DD2 with us but I will continue playing the long game and hope she will see the light. To have her over for a few hours was bliss, although I know it was part of XW's pressure on DD to go to hers.

But being in a time zone 8 hours different means there is a peace I can't describe. XW can't reach me here and she has zero influence on DD.

escapingman

One week away with DD and the peace. Yes we have our small arguments and we both suffer from being a bit passive aggressive at times, but we can get out of it without it escalating. Yes we can be a bit boring and have emotional highs, but no real lows either, just stable peaceful being. We have had so many incidents happening where zi finally can relax in the knowing there is no PD to kick off. For example we were driving around in Central San Fransisco and got lost, we both helped each other until we managed to reset the sat nav and eventually found our way again. I can't even begin to think what would have happened with a PD in the car in that situation.

SeaBreeze

EM,

Happy to see another nice update from you! Any time the kids and I traveled without stbx-uNPDh, at least one kid would say to me "I hate to say this but...I'm kinda glad Dad didn't come." Every. Single. Trip. Often said after boarding airplanes. Glad you and DD are enjoying a nice (and peaceful) time together!