The Neverending Rollercoaster

Started by Gettintired76, June 30, 2022, 12:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gettintired76

Custody is definitely on the table, and seems inevitable because she refuses to come back for future hearings. And her "hubby?" May be going back to jail because he tried to kill her in front of my son (she has the cut across her throat to prove it) Im livid because I never wanted to see her get her, but by the same token I knew...we (all of both families) knew and tried to warn her. So anyway I will let everyone know something when I know something.

escapingman

That is scary as sh*t GT, I am glad she survived. I suppose this is the real danger when a PD gets involved with a psychopath (is my assumption right he is one?) and doesn't know when to back down. Hopefully this will lead to you getting full custody of all your children, fingers crossed for you GT.

square

I am just hoping so much custody goes to you and those children's lives can settle down.

Gettintired76

Yes he is EM he has a rap sheet of violent crimes including 2nd degree murder x3, longer then my arm.

Gettintired76

Well things are moving forward, Ive started my classes, I start work tomorrow, im on the housing waiting list and the waiting list for a private apartment community.

square

Several awesome slam dunks from you.

Gettintired76

And the ball is smacked back in my face...her county has separated the case in to three cases 1 per child, three counts per case 9 counts total child abuse, neglect, and sexual abuse, I to got today and enter my plea

square

hhaw

So, there are 9 counts of abuse lodged against just you or are there other charges lodged against the stepfather, mother and/or your sister in other or same counties?

Are there pending charges of domestic violence against stepfather for violence committed against your ex?

Has anyone mentioned placing the kids in foster care while investigations continue?

It seems like 2 kids are out of State with their mum bc mum is in fear if her life?  Is stepdad in jail?

One DD is in the system for unspecified length of time for reasons you're not sure about, but believe are due to the abuse in her mother's home?

You were asked for a 60K retainer from an attorney to take your case, now 3 cases, for you.  What' s happening there?  Do you have representation?

hhaw

What you are speaks so loudly in my ears.... I can't hear a word you're saying.

When someone tells you who they are... believe them.

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Nietchzsche

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness."
Eleanor Roosevelt

Gettintired76

Thus far no charges against mother or stepfather, daughter is serving pcychiatric time for a JD case that was supposed to be dropped but the board of education pushed it, my understanding its 30 days or upon finishing diagnostics whichever comes first however it has been over 30 so im guessing they have started the tests. At this I have no representation in her county. CPS has stated that are removing the other two because she did flee the state. No the stepfather is not in jail and no charges were brought against him.

square

Any police involvement with the incident between him and your ex?

hhaw

Where are the other two children now?   Where have they been?  Where is CPS removing them from?  Have they been with the step father this entire time, OR does CPS intend to find them out of State, with their mother, and take them from her?

I don't think you need an attorney to represent y0u in the CPS matter, but you should at least get some good quality advice from one or two attorneys who can point you in the right direction and keep you from making big mistakes, IME.

hhaw

Nietchzsche

Eleanor Roosevelt

Gettintired76

They are with their mother out of state, cps is trying to find where shes at and get the kids back here, and im inclined to agree with you har. No they have been zero contact with stepdad for a week. But up until that yes they were living with him. No square so far he is getting away clean with it.

hhaw

Well, at least CPS is communicating with you directly and you're not dependent on breaking the no contact order for lies and false information from your ex any longer.

hhaw

Nietchzsche

Eleanor Roosevelt

square

So your ex did not call the police, no report, no medical records.

Not good.

Gettintired76

No CPS isnt its my parenting instructor/ liason and yes swuare not good

hhaw

Quote from: Gettintired76 on July 23, 2022, 02:21:57 PM
No CPS isnt its my parenting instructor/ liason and yes swuare not good

G:

Your situation is more complicated than can be explained, IMO.

I suspect that overpriced attorney asked you for a 60K retainer in hopes you'd go away.  It happened to me once and the attorney explained his stragegy without shame.  Just dissapointment I'd returned  to hire him. 

I have no advice about your case or cases.  I admit I don't understand who's on first and what's on second.... there's too many Counties and children and charges.

I do have some advice that might you tell your story and find understanding.

Always include the names of the people you're referring to. 
IF you hear (insert action/call/child placement, etc) happened.... include the NAME and title of the person you heard it from and what they said about the information when they told you about it.

Secondly, it seems like you've been repeating things your ex say as though those things are verified and true, so there's one HUGE impediment to sharing your situation and finding understanding.

If I suggested this before, apologies. 

Write out a historic accounting of all people, dates and events so you can give it to attorneys, CPS and refer to it yourself when needed.  Any attorney worth his salt will want that information before processing your story and situation, IME.

Second, organize all your evidence, if you have any, then file it so you can lay your hands on it within 10 seconds of realizing you need it. 

People are impatient and they want what they want NOW.  If you can't put your hands on the documents, photos and any recordings you have within 10 seconds.... you need to spend some time figuring out how to DO that, IME.

I'm not asking you to post any of the above infomation on the board.  I'm suggesting you to do it in a way you can file and retrieve with economy of motion in 3D if you're going to continue fighting for your children and it's unclear from your posts if or how you'll do that.

Just saying.... trial prep isn't easy, particularly when childrens' safety is involved. 

I'm hoping for the best outcome for your children.

hhaw

Nietchzsche

Eleanor Roosevelt

Gettintired76

And the plot thickens, it seems my ex's now ex had a $6000 contract out on his ex wife, and is now hunting my ex down. What in the unholy actual %$&@ has she gotten us all into?

Gettintired76

Oh yeah and the guy that was going to carry it out...the same guy she left alone with my 10 yr old daughter is back in prison.

square

Just horrible.

I assume she's hitting you up bigtime for money.