Confusing Talk

Started by Tricia64, October 05, 2019, 06:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tricia64

I haven't been on in a while.  I was looking over some over my old posts and answers and I want to thank everyone for their responses.  I see so much wisdom in them.

I tried to talk to my sister again and was in a fight today within a matter of ten minutes or so.  I am trying so hard not to let it get to me but I have to admit it feels destroying.  I swear, she is like someone that I don't even know. 

I am planning to move next spring.  I think it will be good for me.

I am just so sad.  I am going through so many emotions.  I have to go through all my late husband's stuff and I am in almost agony.  It is still so hard for me to believe instead of my sister's maybe their helping me they are making me almost out of my mind.  It hurts so badly.

athene1399

I am sorry you are going through this.

Tricia64

Thank you Athene.

I just can't believe my own family is doing this to me.  It is just so hard to believe that they really don't seem to care at all.  I am just so beyond heart broken.  I believed deep down they did care, but all evidence points the other way.  There is literally almost not one one shred of caring.

I keep listening to Bruce Springsteen "Backstreets."  It somehow resonates deeply with me.

Thanks again. 

guitarman

Some people are beyond caring. They just can't do it. You can't change anyone else's behaviour or thinking you can only change and control your own. This is how I cope with my uBPD/uNPD sister's behaviour now. Expecting her to be any different is just causing me so much stress. I have to let her go.

Now I say to myself that she is just someone that I used to know. That helps.

Show compassion for their lack of care and understanding. It is their loss. What sad people they must be. Just because they don't show you loving kindness doesn't mean that you can't be loving and kind towards them. I know it's not easy but it's a way of you not getting upset even more.

Guitarman X
"Do not let the behaviour of others destroy your inner peace." - Dalai Lama

"You don't have to be a part of it, you can become apart from it." - guitarman

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can." - Anon

"If it hurts it isn't love." - Kris Godinez, counsellor and author