Long-time Lurker, new poster

Started by Gingerbread Latte, April 01, 2020, 01:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gingerbread Latte

I have been lurking on Out of the FOG for nearly 5 years, but due to a Covid-19 break, I've finally had the time and space to join.

I'm no stranger to personality disorders. Not only do I believe that my birth mother had Schizoid PD based on the counselor's notes, but that my (adoptive) parents may have NPD (mild compared to others on here). I also had the misfortune to meet a charming ASPD in college.

It took 3+ years of counseling to deal with the above uPDs, but unfortunately, I married someone that I suspect has multiple PDs (OCPD, BPD with NPD/PPD traits).  With the help of the wonderful people/posts on this forum, I was able to develop a long-term plan - go back to school, find a job with good pay & benefits, save $ - then move out of the marital home and into my new apartment. Once the courts open up again, I plan on filing for divorce.

I thank everyone who has posted on this forum and I plan on giving back by posting my own experiences.

xredshoesx

welcome to the group gingerbread latte-

it sounds like you've been able to put a plan and boots on the ground with your plan- i'm sorry the COVID is keeping you from the next steps in your process.  stay strong and stay the course. 

looking forward to hearing more about your journey when you are ready to share more-

bloomie

Adding another warm welcome to you. So grateful you are taking steps to rebuild your life and putting your plans in place. Looking forward to supporting you on your journey! Glad you have officially joined us and that the forum has been a help to you.

See ya out there on the boards!
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.