This is a new one! LOL!

Started by SaintBlackSheep, April 26, 2024, 10:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaintBlackSheep

During my parents' Easter visit, nMom told me she "cured" her dementia! How, you may ask? She claimed she used a free app to play brain games, and listened to YouTube music frequencies that promise to cure disease, so now she's cured!!!! :sadno:

But also, this is the closest she has ever come to admitting having dementia.

I feel like this line of thinking represents the perfect storm of NPD and dementia merging together. A boomer narcissist with an iPad thinks she has achieved what doctors and medical researchers around the globe could not.

My teen said after my parents left "the fact that she thinks a free app and a YouTube song cured her dementia is the best proof that the dementia is in fact NOT cured!"

Sneezy

Oh my - if only it were that easy.  My BIL was convinced we could cure MIL's dementia by giving her more vitamin D.  I told him that if it was that easy, we would be seeing every news show in the world reporting on it. 

As a boomer with an iPad who likes to play brain games, I can assure you that all this does is waste time.  There is no curing anything going on.  NPD + dementia is something, isn't it?  TGIF!

moglow

I've read that playing games and puzzles has a positive effect on brain activity, but curing dementia?? That's a new one. 

"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
"Expectations are disappointments under construction." ~Capn Spanky, The Nook circa 2005ish

TimetoHeal

Your teenager sounds very wise, Saint!