Still Healing

Started by Gettintired76, April 15, 2022, 01:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gettintired76

I just found out that CPS in my county even though everything was dismissed in her county has decided to run with the case and are now going to petition the removal of the from any contact with me or my family simply because they cant prove anything happened or didn't happen.

square

Where did you hear this from?

Gettintired76

From CPS they called me at work, Its crazy square the judge in her county threw everything out and is pressing charges against their cps and my daughters ex school, I thought cps over here was going after her for not cooperating with them about a new interview but no they are taking my kids from me simply because they are pissed they cant prove their case, but yet everything she supposedly said about her mom and stepdad is a bald face lie, wouldn't it stand to reason if one thing was proven to be lies that anything else couldn't be trusted?

square

That's crazy, I'm so frustrated and disappointed to hear it. Have you talked to a lawyer about it? This needs to be sorted out, and pronto.

Gettintired76

Ive tried to speak to my attorney hopefully he will call me back tomorrow and I can get this straightened out, i just don't understand how they can even file a case on a child who doesn't even live in their county, and all I get from the caseworker (who is a 19 yr old greenhorn) is "I dont know"  and he really pissed me off the other day when he tried to tell me "I understand your pain and frustration". These days that infuriates me so much.

square

It's infuriating indeed. Keep us updated on what the attorney says.

Gettintired76

I will Its gotten ben frustrating into the realm of infuriating and unbearable.

Gettintired76

Just got off the phone with the caseworker they havent even gotten the paperwork back yet for their petition I advised him not to say anything to my ex about it yet because she is out of town and if told about this she may very well not come back.

square

I thought the petition targeted you and your family and not your ex?

Gettintired76

Smh hes like a freakin greenhorn he doesn't even know exactly what the petition is or who specifically it targets, its crazy, i spoke to my attorney and he just said to let him know if and when I got served with something. So its hurry up and wait, the 20 days for her to answer the custody papers are almost up so I dont know what will happen then.

square

Here's hoping the guy got it wrong about you being the target.

Gettintired76

Yeap, well my my attorney sent myself and my ex a notice of appearance for court for the custody issue, but its still hurry up and wait with CPS.

square

The whole thing has been absolutely agonizing.

Gettintired76

Ya know two things that bug me the day after the kids went with her Jan 1st my daughter sent me a message on her mother's messenger saying "daddy come get me..." followed by "IT'S [my daughter's name capitalized as well]" it was supposedly sent at 5 in the morning but I didn't receive it until almost 10 when asked what was going on my ex hastily unsent both messages, secondly on the night she came to get them (Dec 31st) she already started telling me I couldnt see them unless supervised, then weeks later this all started.

square

That is bothersome. I wonder what happened.

escapingman

Quote from: Gettintired76 on April 19, 2022, 03:58:46 PM
Ya know two things that bug me the day after the kids went with her Jan 1st my daughter sent me a message on her mother's messenger saying "daddy come get me..." followed by "IT'S [my daughter's name capitalized as well]" it was supposedly sent at 5 in the morning but I didn't receive it until almost 10 when asked what was going on my ex hastily unsent both messages, secondly on the night she came to get them (Dec 31st) she already started telling me I couldnt see them unless supervised, then weeks later this all started.
Any messages you get that are of any value, please screen shot them. My daughter sends me distressing messages when I am away then for her to delete them and saying it is fine now.

Gettintired76

The judge is fast tracking it the hearing is Apr 29 they are going gung ho on it even tho everything else was thrown out

Gettintired76

The petition states that by going by the forensic interview in her county the have reason to believe i commited abuse and neglect of my daughter.

square

I still don't understand how they can just skip aninvestigation that includes interviewing you.

Gettintired76

They interviewed us and he said we cooperated way more then she did that he would be throwing a fit on her for not letting him know some of the stuff we told, they at forst tried to take the child from her for not submitting to a second interview he blatantly told me the other day that was what they were going to the DA for an order for that test nothing against me suddenly its a petition against me for abuse and neglect.