Seasonal patterns?

Started by Kitbit, June 27, 2021, 09:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitbit

I've been noticing a disturbing trend - when I look back, the angry outbursts increase during summer each year. Has anyone else found this? The other "trending" (lol) time of year is holidays.

blunk

Yes, I definitely noticed the same. My bpdxh was definitely "crankier" during the summer months...and of course holidays. I think there were a couple of reasons in his case:

1) I would be more active during the summer, things like taking my dogs hiking and attending family picnics/parties which he did his best to avoid. This left him spending more time alone, even though he was invited.

2) He personally did not deal well with the heat. But in some ways he brought it upon himself. I wanted to put a window AC unit in our bedroom, he insisted that we didn't have "the right kind of windows" for that (We had 2 units sitting in our basement). I knew better than to argue the point. After he moved out, I had a window AC unit installed.

tragedy or hope

YES!  So obvious to me. Certain times of the year can be a minefield. Also, still symbiotically attached to his 94 yr. old PD physically, emotionally and psychologically abusive father. The man seems too mean to die, but gets a call from his dutiful son once a week.

The more he talks to him the more he is like him until it wears off till next call. He is oblivious to the fact that the man still has any influence over him. Cannot truly confront any of his neglectful behaviors either.

Extremely sad. unpdh thinks he is being a good Christian son to "honor" the man. Anything I say to the contrary he rejects. It seems to be a family illness. But to your point, times, and people, holidays etc do trigger more strange behavior.
"When people show you who they are, believe them."
~Maya Angelou

Believe it the first time, or you will spend the rest of your life in disbelief of what they can/will do; to you. T/H

Family systems are like spider webs. It takes years to get untangled from them.  T/H