new years resolutions

Started by Crushed_Dad, December 18, 2019, 04:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andeza

Same about what I should do, lol. When the weather warms up, I'll start doing my daily walk again. Big plans for this year, should be interesting. Happy new year everybody!
Remember, that there are no real deadlines for life, just society's pressures.      - Anonymous
Lasting happiness is not something we find, but rather something we make for ourselves.

SparkStillLit

I'm going to be less doormatty.  I'm going to make some statements about things I want, or need, and I'm going to be firm and calm and not get in a fuss.

We've already started back at the gym, YAY!!! We go 5 days a week, after work, and I feel SO MUCH BETTER. I used to hate the gym but now I LOVE IT.

Mindfulness. Always a helpful practice.

I'm going to take my space back/create safe space around me. In my head too. DEFINITELY in my head.

sofragmented

A good and healthy New Year to everyone and thankyou for this thread!

One very important resolution for me is to finally find the courage and the words to post my story here on the forum.

Lauren17

I love reading all the ways people are working to learn and grow! Remember to be patient with yourselves if you falter along the way.

I am working on eliminating  "should" from my thoughts and words.

I'm going to stop procrastinating and find a therapist.

I'm embarking on a series of 30 day challenges.
I've cried a thousand rivers. And now I'm swimming for the shore" (adapted from I'll be there for you)

practical

Quote from: Lauren17 on January 05, 2020, 01:29:33 PM

I am working on eliminating  "should" from my thoughts and words.

That is a good one! I'm still working on it, it keeps sneaking in.
If I'm not towards myself, who is towards myself? And when I'm only towards myself, what am I? And if not now, when?" (Rabbi Hillel)

"I can forgive, but I cannot afford to forget." (Moglow)