Am i getting Out of the FOG? Or is it me

Started by Freetobe, April 29, 2022, 09:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freetobe

I am retired and to keep myself busy I work for a company and pick up dog poop in peoples backyards I have been doing this for about 2 years and yesterday was the 1st time I was almost attacked by a pitbull The dog did not make contact with my body but viciously when after my bucket and my scooper I had to scream in the backyard for somebody to help me and the homeowner finally came out and got the dog I was traumatized. I had told 3 of my closest friends what happened and they were obviously concerned from my safety and my mental well being saying I must have been devastated which I was.   I was thinking I was not going to tell my spouse figuring the response would be well you shouldn't do this anymore and you're crazy and why would you go back there and yada yada. I ended up telling my spouse and right away there was just this look like oh my God but no words and  Just some overall questions like did the homeowner come out what did your boy say things like that. When I explained to my spouse that my boys gave me The Choice to just not go back or is there a workaround I sound I was open to a work around Brown the deal was when I go I would call 1st and the gate would be left wide open so I know the dogs would not be outside I had agreed to this. When the incident happened yesterday I had to always text the tenant that I was on my way and she would say it's OK to enterYesterday they forgot one of the dogs was outside and that's why I was almost attacked. My spouse's reaction was  Not oh my God   Are you OK you must have been so scared you must be traumatized but it wasn't.  My spouse's concern was well if they leave the gate open why would the homeowner be OK with the tenant handling this again when they couldn't handle it obviously yesterday and you almost got bit.  My answer was that's not my issue between the tenant and the landlord, Then my spouse said it again well what about the tenant isn't she afraid the dogs are gonna it's going to happen againThen my spouse said it again well what about the landlord isn't she afraid  it's going to happen again,  Again I said that's not my problem between the landlord and the tenant if she trust her tenant to just open the gates so I know the dogs are not back there I'm OK with that.  Now mind you I know I was probably short with my voice because underneath I was annoyed that they showed no empathy for me but was more concerned about how the landlord was going to handle the situation again.  This seems to be I'm starting to realize a common denominator, When my mom got very sick  When covid was at its worst She almost died, we didnt know if it was covid and were awaiting results praying it wasnt covid. She's in a nursing home. My best friend who is like my sister whom my spouse has always had issues with knew the head nurse and the nurse gave my friend her personal cell number, she called my friend to tell her my mom came back negative for covid, we were so happy, i told my spouse, my spouse's reaction was why did they call her and not you? Not oh wow thats awesome she doesnt have covid, what am i experiencing here?

square

You're experiencing a lack of empathy. Your spouse is not putting themselves in your shoes and seeing a situation from your point of view.

The thing about the landlord was just the thing they thought was important, because they could not perceive what was really important - your stress, your fear. They thought who called who was important because they could not perceive what was really important - everyone's relief at the negative test.

Do you think your spouse is more narcissistic or more schizoid?