New year new me

Started by Gettintired76, January 07, 2022, 10:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gettintired76

I've done that for years to a degree

square

Gettintired76

I've gotten to where I can't stand to be around her or even see her coming, I become a nervous wreck that something is going to happen or set her off.

square

I can't blame you one bit. She sounds as toxic and unstable as they come.

Gettintired76

Quick update I got to speak to my daughters guardian ad ledum the woman all but demanded I attend the next hearing (my ex canceled the meeting this week claiming Covid) she stated that upon seeing my daughter in court (meek, gentle, quiet) then hearing the charges she knew something was going on, and I agreed with the new law once it was explained to me, the child needs to be evaluated, and treated. I believe I will end up bringing her home with me on that day seeing as I live less then the 5 minutes from the State's leading pediatric psychiatric hospital. Wish us both luck

square

Did the GAL say she thought you might bring her home??

Going to be prayimg for that.

Gettintired76

No but I very well might

square

hhaw

GT:

It might be useful to ask some pointed questions of the GAL.... and really listen to what she has to say..... take some notes.  Make her feel you're counting on her and believe in  her to advocate for your child....... make her feel you feel she's professional and competent always.

If you question her competency, don't do it so she notices. 

Good questions would be about her recommendations for finding supports and programs to help your DD. 

Try to drop expectation when you speak and get as curious as you can about what GAL has to say...... and always let her finish speaking before talking again. 

Be super patient...... or appear to be, even when you feel misunderstood or angry, whatever.  I usually pretend I'm addressing a y0oung child IF I need to remain level in these types of situations.  It helps as does keeping the information you share short and to the point..... it's easy to stray down all kinds of rabbit holes when our childrens' safety is involved, IME.

Calm, consistent and focused on helping your child.....not on punishing the PD.

I wish you and your children the best ossible outcome, GT.

hhaw

What you are speaks so loudly in my ears.... I can't hear a word you're saying.

When someone tells you who they are... believe them.

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Nietchzsche

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness."
Eleanor Roosevelt

Gettintired76

It is the 17th and h I couldn't agree with everything you said more, and I do feel she is very competent and does have my daughters best interests in mind. She seemed very concerned about the "situations" I brought up to her that had not been addressed by her mother and should have been to give that child a level unbiased chance to get help from the court.

square

Maybe this GAL might be the key to getting stuff changed.

I'm hoping these recent events turn out to be a blessing, on balance.

Gettintired76

Gettintired76

I truly hope they let me take to to the hospital here, I have a history with it (my sister was a former patient and I did some outpatient)  they are an outstanding hospital. And I believe that they have their own school inside is exactly what my daughter needs.

square

I hope so, and most of all hope you get custody overall.

Gettintired76

Gettintired76

We'll all my paperwork is filled out , I go talk to my new lawyer on Thursday and I start my new job next Monday, I believe I'm going to ask my lawyer to go with me to my daughters hearing on the 17th all that poor baby has as a defense is a public defender.

square

This is a great update. Things are really coming together.

Gettintired76

My called me today going at me for an because I had spoken to her mom and sister. She informed me she called the police on our daughter the other night for a violent outburst. But the judge thinks she is safe and well adjusted there? She couldn't tell me what set the child off. She went for an hour about it was my fault, my family's fault, her family's fault, not fault for her at all. Then she said I couldn't or refused to take responsibility for anything. Considering I have even heard the kids voices in over a month, I don't see how I could be doing anything..

square

Just a bunch of PD bullshit. Toss it in the garbage where it belongs.

Except. It's kind of interesting she couldn't even make up some lie about what set it all off. Trust me, whatever it was, it was not a mystery to whoever was there.

Gettintired76

Sadly the other two are circling their wagons around their mother, my son has now blocked me for whatever reason and my ex swears my youngest wants nothing to do with me. It's funny my ex and the kids were supposed to have had Covid the last week and a half but she has somehow managed to get up from her deathbed (from the way she has described how she felt) and took my daughter to all these experts that somehow magically blame everything on everyone but her and her hubby, they just come out golden as usual. It's also funny that my youngest who has auto immune disorder and the precursors of MD barely got a sniffle from the virus but my ex is at death's door.