The Neverending Rollercoaster

Started by Gettintired76, June 30, 2022, 12:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gettintired76

Finally got to step out for alittle tonight, I did buy my daughter some birthday gifts (no guilt 😁) and saw a movie. I swear my daughter keeps trying to tell me something, first it was another double rainbow, then a T-Shirt had been left on the shelf in the toys...I picked it up and it was a T advertising mine her fave Guns and Roses song (Sweet Child of Mine) [she likes Sheryll Crows version too lol].But anyway I havent felt that at ease in a long time.

square

I'm glad you are getting gestures of comfort from the universe.

I wonder when you'll get to speak to her. Are you barred from calling the place she's in?

Gettintired76

Im barred completely, and tell me if this makes sense to you, cps didnt take her from my ex, but they have her "holed" up in a hotel.....wait for it.....in my city, with two caseworkers because since they didnt "take" her they cant put her in a foster home or state custody, but she is awaiting diagnostics and "placement" once she gets placed and the tests done and discharged she will go back home to her mother.

Gettintired76

And due to the holiday I have to wait 1 more day to do anything or talk to anyone.

hhaw

GT:

Are you listed as the father of your dd on the birth certificate?

hhaw

What you are speaks so loudly in my ears.... I can't hear a word you're saying.

When someone tells you who they are... believe them.

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Nietchzsche

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness."
Eleanor Roosevelt

xredshoesx

does your DD have a GAL to advocate for her????

Gettintired76

Yes I am hhaw and i have the affidavit of paternity. She does in My county this is supposed to going through my ex's county though

Gettintired76

I would assume over there she has the ssme one she had earlier in the year.

Gettintired76

Update: Yes my daughter was ordered to be TAKEN from my ex, the case has officially been sent back to her county with no idea how long it will stagnate there. Also I found out something interesting, Nobody over here in my county has been able to lay eyes on the alleged "interview " in her county, CPS, attorneys, judge...us parents....no one, and it seems only one caseworker in her county knows anything about it, and my ex of course who swears she was there when it took place. It was never court ordered, there was honestly no reason for it since CPS dropped involvement in January, and CPS there has no record of it. Only when that one single caseworker is present suddenly the story changes and "oh yeah..... ". My ex is planning to take off to another state at the end of the month, so I hope something gets done fast.

square

Praying for the safety and comfort of your SG.

Gettintired76

I received pictures she looks healthy and happy, alittle upset my ex cut all of her har off before letting her go, I just hope they actually help her

Gettintired76

I spoke to that attorney, $65,000 upfront to hire him, wtaf? What are poor people supposed to do, who can afford that in these times, I'm trying to scrape it up tho.

escapingman

Quote from: Gettintired76 on July 08, 2022, 04:03:00 AM
I spoke to that attorney, $65,000 upfront to hire him, wtaf? What are poor people supposed to do, who can afford that in these times, I'm trying to scrape it up tho.
That sounds incredible expensive and I wouldn't be happy paying that kind of money up front. Have you looked around for alternatives and got any other quotes?

Gettintired76

Oh believe me Im looking high and low, everywhere, Ive got to get my SG back man CPS is bouncing her all over the state, I dont know what they are doing im completely shut out, they have my ex's husband as her father even tho i gave them the documents showing my paternity. Everything is going exactly as my ex wants and it sickens me.

square

Gee whiz that's high. BUT good on you for looking, keep going. It may be hard but I believe you can find someone, don't give up.

Gettintired76

I can’t give up my baby girl is somewhere all alone, its not right.

[mod note: reference to specific country removed]

square

No you can't, and you're not. Keep looking. It's a setback, I know. Take the day to process your frustrations, then do the next search. You got this.

Gettintired76

Sorry mods lol i was being a smartass

Gettintired76

Well my ex really went and screwed the pooch but I don't really blame her, contrary to popular belief I dont want her abused any more then I was, and he finally crossed the line so she fled, but sadly she the one thats going to get into trouble. Soo now cps and the court is focusing on me getting work ( start next week) and my own place ( app is under review awaiting job notification and fee payment) and I start classes in Aug to get a degree in social work.

square

Sorry to hear about the trouble she had.

Good news with you, but if cps is looking for you to get those things sorted does that mean.... custody is on the table??