What does God do with emotionally abusive people in the afterlife?

Started by gettingstronger1, December 14, 2019, 09:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Call Me Cordelia

Yes, I agree it must be hellish to have a PD, even more so than to live with a pwPD!

I'm Catholic, but I think eclecticmom's response really nailed it four years ago.  :yes: There is only one judge of souls. We can and must judge behavior. But as to the eternal destiny of the people who have abused us? That is a question that has nothing to do with me and praise the Lord!

The Gospels give us at least two examples that appearances may not tell us the whole story. Imagine you knew Judas before he betrayed Jesus. Great guy, one of Jesus' closest friends! And then there's the thief who died next to Him, the one who "stole Heaven." We all have the opportunity to accept or reject His mercy right until the very end of our lives.

I also believe that we can be instruments of God's justice. We have limits, but we do not have to simply be victims and wait to be rescued and vindicated at the final Judgment. We do this when we set appropriate boundaries and take care of ourselves and anyone dependent on us.

SonofThunder

Quote from: Call Me Cordelia on August 16, 2023, 10:35:02 PMthen there's the thief who died next to Him, the one who "stole Heaven." We all have the opportunity to accept or reject His mercy right until the very end of our lives.

I actually feel sorry for the thief. I dont believe he "stole heaven", because imo, one can't steal what is freely given, and offered as a gift without even asking or deserving. Imo, the thief missed out on a Earthly lifetime of a relationship with Christ and seeing Earthly life through the lens of that relationship. 

Therefore I feel the same for all humanity who chooses to live here on Earth without a one-on-one relationship with their creator. 

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.