Found a clock/camera hidden in my bedroom.

Started by wanderlust36, August 16, 2019, 02:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wanderlust36

Basically I left my husband in March due to his emotionally
abusive behaviour. He was like two completely different people, lovely kind and caring 90% of the time. The other 10% self pitying, manipulative. angry, starting to punch walls etc...

We have mostly been in very good terms since and in regular contact as we share a dog. The ex still has a key to my house.

Anyway I found his clock/camera hidden underneath my bedroom drawers a few days ago. It was pointed towards my bedroom door. I knew he had it when we were together. He placed it on top on the drawers then and said it was to keep an eye on the dog.

This time it had black tape over the clock bit as if he was trying to hide it. When I asked him he did say that he forgot it was there, it doesn't work anymore and he deleted the app off his phone (the camera was connected to his phone). I believe him when he said it is no longer working but he obviously did put it there in the first place. He did admit that he thought about using it to keep an eye on me but then he told himself  'no, I can't do that!'

Thank god it didn't record sound, he would have heard all my conversations for however long it has been there, the last few months maybe.  That would be bad! feel like I should be more angry than I am. What's wrong with me? I mainly just feel sorry for him. I guess it's the trauma bonding.

sad_dog_mommy

Oh my gosh!  What a creepy violation!!

Regardless of what he says if it was plugged in I would think it was still working.  My exbf put a keylogger on my computer because he thought I was emailing other men.  I was still deeeep in the FOG at the time and I thought to myself "HA!  He will see that I am not doing anything wrong!"  It wasn't until later that I realized how wrong it was.  It showed me how insecure he was and how he had no respect for me or any regard for privacy.  It also showed me that he had no trust in what I was telling him.

If I were you I would disable the wifi and then check every outlet to see if you find something else plugged in.   It makes me wonder what else he is up to at your house when you are not there?   I would seriously consider changing the locks.  If he wants to see Fido he will have to pick him up for a play date when you are home. 

I am so sorry this happened to you but I am so glad you found it.  Jealous PD's think we belong to them.
Sometimes you don't realize you're actually drowning when you are trying to be everyone else's anchor.   

Not all storms come to disrupt your life, some come to clear your path.

Unconditional love doesn't mean you have to unconditionally accept bad behavior.

Jsinjin

That's really creepy weird    I feel for you!
It is unwise to seek prominence in a field whose routine chores you do not enjoy.

-Wolfgang Pauli

Whatthehey

Woh, major creep.  Skin crawling creep.  I would follow sad dog mommy's advice and check your entire residence for any other violation.

So sorry that you have to deal with that!

Phoenix Rising

Wow wow wow :sadno: That is REALLY creepy!! I would feel so violated. Are you able to change the locks? It seems it is not possible at this point for things to continue as it has, this is a huge violation of privacy. :(
And here you are living despite it all..

Know this: the person who did this to you is broken. Not you... I will not watch you collapse

saxophone_groupie

Wow!  I bet the hair stood up on your neck when you found that!  I agree about checking the rest of your house and I think you should change your WiFi password. Good luck.