Body is trying to heal....

Started by Spygirl, October 07, 2019, 12:40:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spygirl

Hello,

So i am officially divorced since July, and as my Cadillac ins. With my expdh is canceling soon, i have seen alot of doctors this year to get a general health status.

I swear, i had a cancer scare, have had to deal with depression, checked out an rheumatoid arthritis possibility, and i have managed to gain 20lbs stress eating.

Meanwhile, my ex has lost weight, looks like he did when we were dating again, and appears totally recovered.

I have read many times that many of us have become physically ill from our former lives. I DO have much more energy now, and am calmer. I sleep well most of the time. I am moving away from this state in a couple months. I need a restart for my life, seriously.

How many of you you suffered this, and how long did it take for your bodies to leach out all this toxic stuff? I am caring for myself now, but i have apparently damaged myself.

Stillirise

Sorry, I can't tell you how long it will take. Although, I can say the same is happening to me.  I've been pretty healthy most of my life. I exercise, maintain a decent diet, drink lots of water and one cup of coffee daily, rarely consume alcohol, and don't smoke.  However,  I now have hypertension to the point that I am going to be starting medication soon.   The only lifestyle issue I have not yet controlled for is the stress and anxiety of living with uPDh.   With 2 kids, even if I remove him from my daily life, the stress of dealing with him will still be there.  I've recently been checking out meditation and yoga classes, as well as going for walks in nature.  I'm hoping those things will start to make a difference in managing my stress—and my blood pressure!

Meanwhile, my uPDh sleeps like a baby, has normal vitals and labs, yet eats like a teenage boy, occasionally smokes, and drinks like a fish.  He also acts on the surface at least, like he's not anxious or stressed, and cool as a cucumber.  This, while dropping his sarcastic digs at my own health..."don't get upset, you might stroke out on me."

I do believe our bodies have a powerful ability to recover.  It sounds like you are already heading in the right direction! 
You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise.
—Maya Angelou

Penny Lane

When I met my now-husband (in retrospect) he was right in the middle of this. He was on intense anti-anxiety meds, he slept all the time, he'd even gained a bunch of weight like you said.

I'm happy to report now he's lost all his weight and then some, he's gone off the meds, his cholesterol went down ... basically he is way healthier than he was before, and even healthier than he was during the marriage.

I don't know exactly how long it took (I wasn't paying close attention to my then-new boyfriend's health issues) but I want to say it started turning around less than a year after the divorce was final? He also switched to a less stressful career which helped a lot - hopefully your move will do the same for you.

Hang in there, it really does get better.

1footouttadefog

We all have our own timelines but you can recover more than you might even think.

I would encourage you to consider this move a line of demarcation and a time to begin anew. 

Holistically start fresh habits and a new life.  Physically, spiritually, intellectually, socially, psychologically.  Make steps to get rid of the negative and nurture the positive in all aspects of your life

It does not have to cost alot or take alot of time.  Dream a little and make lists of things to change, or add to or purge from your life.  Make big and little goals. 

Evaluate your belongings for things that make you unhappy or Ill at ease.  This is also a time to shop at home and rediscover things that interested you and were set aside as you lost yourself bit by bit to the drama and trauma. 

Take care, you can have those extra pounds off and replace tired with joyful and energetic soon.