Hello everyone

Started by Lady Bug, February 27, 2024, 07:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Bug

Hi to everyone here,

My name is Lady bug and I've joined for a few reasons and one is to gain insight into personality disorders. Right now my head is very confused and muddled, which is out of character for me so I'm struggling to know what to say. But this seems like a lovely, support environment because when you've had contact with certain types of people you feel mentally vulnerable and this is obviously a safe space. Not many people understand.

I hope everyone is doing well and all get what they need and can help others at the same time.
Have a good evening everyone and I'm off to explore.

Bluebutterfly

Hello LadyBug glad to meet another newbie!  :wave:
Seems like there's lots of information here, think we'll both be able to learn some tools for managing tricky relationships  :)

_firewalker_

Hello Lady Bug,

Welcome to Out of the FOG! I am so glad you have joined. I am sorry to read that you are feeling confused and muddled. Just know this is completely normal. In fact, that's why they call it being "in the FOG". Not only does it describe the feelings (fear, obligation, guilt) but it really is like a FOG in our heads. For me, I can feel perfectly calm, reasonable, intelligent, emotionally mature in every other area of my life--but in my PD relationships I can feel extremely confused and muddled.

We understand. Be patient with yourself and learn as much as you can. In addition to reading the resources on this forum, I recommend checking out some great YouTubers like Dr. Ramani and Dr. Les Carter.

See you around the boards,

Firewalker

Lady Bug

Thanks firewalker,
 You just describes it perfectly. I'm totally straight in my daily life but this one person left me feeling totally muddled.

Dr Ramani is good. Les carter is also good. I also like Dr. Grande's earlier videos and they feel less "hyped" and more factual.