Best Read Ever if you deal with family and intimates with Splitting Disorders -

Started by thejourneytosignificance, October 25, 2020, 11:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejourneytosignificance

I have read this amazing book.  It is a little techincal, but can help you understand why and how of personality disorders particularly Borderline and NPD.  It focuses on splitting and the idealization concepts and one particular (highly respected) therapists approach to reaching people with significant disorders.   It is a short read and was published about 25 years ago.  It is called Leaving Home The art of separating from your difficult family.   By Columbia Univeristy Press by David P. Celani.  He is even now doing professional webinars for mental health professionals, and is still very respected in his field.  I found a great deal of insight and perspective with this book.  I bought it through a re-seller as it was out of print, but I suspect you may be able to get it on-line as well.  It just put all the little pieces of information I have learned and gleaned together in one nice neat and (at least for me) a package that brought everything together in a way that totally made sense.  Included was a section on simply how to "handle" such unreasonable people - commonsense advice with a professional underpinning of knowledge.  This book was ever so helpful...: :yes:

Lookin 2 B Free

I just read a bit of the Google Books preview and it looks like it addresses the PD family from a different angle than most.  It looks like something I could have used as a much younger woman (and probably still today).   I went through decades of my life not knowing what splitting was.  It was such a revelation when I learned about it and saw how perfectly it described my family.  Thanks, Journey!

MamaDryad

It's available for Kindle! Just starting it now. Thank you for the rec.