My instincts were right

Started by Bunnyme1, November 02, 2021, 06:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunnyme1

After not showing up for the kids visit, no message or anything, I finally called his family.  He is back in treatment.  As much as I am glad he went...again...I think he really gets supply there and avoids responsibility.   Terrible to say, perhaps, as I know it is better than using.  The flying monkeys have circled the wagons, believing he hasnt used anything, but just thought about it and decided to go back to inpatient rehab.  And it is my fault because I wont give him unsupervised visits. 
Addiction is awful, and it seems addiction in a narcissist is especially bad. 

blunk

I am so sorry you have to go through this yet again.

Despite what his family says, you are NOT responsible for his actions in any way. And it seems a bit drastic to commit yourself to inpatient rehab for a thought...I think that most would seek out a meeting if it were just a thought. All of this also proves that you are right about not allowing unsupervised visits.

Stillirise

I just mentioned in another thread how I'm still sometimes a little shocked when my predictions about updxh's poor decisions and behaviors turn out to be correct.

You've already done so many great things for yourself and your children.  What he chooses to do is on him.  As long as they continue to play their role, the flying monkeys will continue to enable, make excuses and help him blame shift for his poor decisions.  That's also their choice, and is no reflection on you!

I'm sorry you're in this difficult place, again.  Your children are lucky to have you.  Really, all you can do is be the healthy, stable parent they need. That is a big enough job, all on its own. Best wishes to you!!
You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise.
—Maya Angelou