Kneeling on the Welcome Mat and Sending Good Vibes ~ My Greeting Message

Started by Karma1122, January 07, 2023, 09:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karma1122

:stars:

Hello, all!  When I saw this emoji I had to include it here.  We know that this is likely something everyone has felt who has a loved one struggling with a personality disorder.  Or perhaps, we as the support to these folks are the ones struggling, or maybe both.

My only beloved daughter has been diagnosed with BPD, and I feel it is accurate.  She has a 4 yo son, I really have a hard time talking about the dynamics because it is so painful.  And I have had multiple partners with differing varieties of NPD.  Though undiagnosed, they checked all the boxes of incredibly hurtful, even seemingly unnaturally damaging, personality features. 

If I had a sign that I could put in invisible ink above my head, that could only be read by people who operate by taking advantage and preying on others, it would say: "Don't you f*** with my Energy!".  (This would make absolutely certain that the one saying "Kick Me" is permanently gone..... so, that's perfect.)

I am in crisis work, I got my master's degree in behavioral health and used my education as a self-study / recovery tool whenever possible.  I find supporting those in mental health crisis to be very rewarding.... hopefully helping to limit the trauma that comes from it.

It is great to find an support community like this!  Thanks for reading my intro and I look forward to sharing with you all. 

Namaste'  and Best Wishes,
Karma1122
8-)

bloomie

Karma1122 - hi there and welcome to Out of the FOG! What a lot of good deep work you have done and are putting to good use in your healing journey! It is rewarding work to be sure!

Love this:
QuoteIf I had a sign that I could put in invisible ink above my head, that could only be read by people who operate by taking advantage and preying on others, it would say: "Don't you f*** with my Energy!".  (This would make absolutely certain that the one saying "Kick Me" is permanently gone..... so, that's perfect.)
:cheer:

I look forward to supporting you as you settle in and join the conversations taking place on the forum boards!
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

Starboard Song

Karma, welcome to Out of the FOG.

Check out our Toolbox for some background on PDs, common experiences, and What To Do. There is also good learning available in our Recommended Reading pages. We wish you so much good strength. See you on the boards.

Starboard.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward