My first visit

Started by Lily, February 18, 2023, 12:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lily

I have just realized after 25 years of knowing this man that he is a narcissist. My belief in God and the things that have happened over the past 25 years and I look back now made me realize what is going on. I'm so totally lost so totally confused I need to be able to reach out to someone and talk to them.

notrightinthehead

Welcome Lily. You are not alone. Look around on this site, maybe you will find stories that sound familiar. Check out the description of the traits on the personality disorders tab. We are here to listen.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

Lily

SonofThunder

Quote from: notrightinthehead on February 18, 2023, 01:24:07 AM
Welcome Lily. You are not alone. Look around on this site, maybe you will find stories that sound familiar. Check out the description of the traits on the personality disorders tab. We are here to listen.

:yeahthat:

Another warm welcome here!  Im sorry you have been used by a narcissist for the last 25 years, but joyed to read of your faith.  While you are up at the tab that notrightinthehead recommended, look also just to your right at the toolbox tab.  Both of those tabs imo, are a great place to pitch your tent. 

In addition, a very wonderful resource to learn, is the talented Dr Ramani.  Below is a link to her YouTube channel that teaches about all the foundational traits and terminology of Narcissism.  I highly recommend you do all this investigation in total privacy.  Exposing our research to Narcissists is like handing over battle-plans to the enemy.  Enjoy your understanding, education and forward path to personal freedom.

We all here at Out of the FOG walk this PD trail together, scattered along its route at different stages. We always leave empty camp-chairs open around the forum-board campfires along the journey's path.  So again welcome! 

Please find an empty chair around the fire, kick off your hiking boots and warm your toes around the friendly conversations of the forum.  You are not alone!  See you around the boards,

SoT

Dr Ramani: Glossary of narcissistic relationships

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3QtnfcMTMhEfRXN-Kk2vndn89nBZxKUj
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.