Hello

Started by gettingstronger1, March 24, 2021, 11:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gettingstronger1

Hi guys. I hope you are all doing well. I have been on and off this forum since 2012 for help in dealing with my family of origin and my husband's family of origin. I have learned so much about narcissism and how to set healthy boundaries over the years, and I am so thankful to all of you for help. I have also been learning to rely on God for help with these problems, and that has brought me tremedous healing over the years. I found that for me, God really is the answer. The problems aren't fixed, but I now have so much more peace than I did 10 years ago when I was trying to fix it myself.

I just came on here today to ask for prayer for a situation with my husband's family. Please pray for my husband, his mother, and his family please. Please pray for their healing.

It has been such a relief for me personally to find answers in God. I hope everyone can find this peace too. But I also say this with the deepest respect to people of other religions or faiths.  I am respectful of all people as we all move forward in our journey of learning and growth.  I will also pray for all of you and your personal situations too. I know many of you are suffering too.

Thanks for all of your help over the years. You guys have meant a lot to me. :)

bloomie

Hi gettingstronger1 - It is great to hear from you. I am thankful you have benefitted from being part of this community and that you have found such strength and hope in God.

It is distressing when we find ourselves in painful situations with family members, and I certainly will pray for wisdom, strength, and healing for you all.
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

gettingstronger1

Bloomie,

Thankyou for your prayers for my family. Your posts to me and others over the years has been such a blessing. Thank you also to all the moderators, host team, and administrators who volunteer to help make this board what it is.  :)

Gettingstronger1

SonofThunder

GettingStronger,

I have lifted up your concern to God for your husband, mother and family.  Also for you as you deal with it all.  I agree, Out of the FOG and the community has been a tremendous blessing to me. 

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

Mary

It is very encouraging to hear of your healing over the years. I will pray.
Mary
For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. (Isaiah 54:5)

gettingstronger1

SonofThunder and Mary,
Thank you for your prayers. They really make a difference.
Gettingstronger1

SonofThunder

Quote from: gettingstronger1 on April 03, 2021, 05:20:16 PM
SonofThunder and Mary,
Thank you for your prayers. They really make a difference.
Gettingstronger1
Hello gettingstronger1,

You are surely welcome.   Happy Easter to you.  I will continue to pray for you, your family and your situation.  It is a joy to know that Christ has and will overcome all who have/will try to take control of what is rightfully his.  We here at Out of the FOG are in similar struggles, as we deal with people who try to control others by any means possible, and so in those struggles, we are Christ-like. 

As you suffer through the ordeal with your family, be comforted in the fact that Christ has gone before you down this path in victory.   

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.