First time poster

Started by Jack Kent, September 01, 2021, 02:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Kent

Hello

Im first time poster here.
I have long history dealing with narcistic people namely my father and few "friends". As when you have narcisistic parent or parents you will have the right atributes to be targeted by another narcisistic in life.
I became aware of narcisism some seven years ago and since have been studying about narcisistic personality type.
I am here to offer advice and also to find out what would be the most essential needs for someone who is dealing with abuse right now.

Thank you!
Jack

notrightinthehead

Welcome! You have found a good site, full of information and support. For a start, you might want to check out the TOOLBox tab and read around the forum.  Also, we protect ourselves by using names that will not make it easy for the PDs in our life to find us. See you around on the boards.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

Call Me Cordelia

Yes, if your forum name is similar to your real name please consider changing it! There is a handy “report to moderator” button at the bottom of any post that will open a message to the mod team.

Welcome, and I hope you find what you are looking for here! I’m not sure what you mean by finding out what is most essential for someone dealing with abuse right now… are you speaking about yourself or a particular person in your life? The "What To Do," section might be helpful here. https://outofthefog.website/what-to-do-1

It’s very true that our narcissistic parents can “groom” us to be open to further toxic relationships in our lives. The patterns of dysfunctional relationships are learned from childhood, and lots of work to unlearn and replace with healthy behavior. As I have often heard recovery is indeed a lifetime. :-)

guitarman

"Do not let the behaviour of others destroy your inner peace." - Dalai Lama

"You don't have to be a part of it, you can become apart from it." - guitarman

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can." - Anon

"If it hurts it isn't love." - Kris Godinez, counsellor and author

Jack Kent

Quote from: Call Me Cordelia on September 01, 2021, 03:44:42 PM
Yes, if your forum name is similar to your real name please consider changing it! There is a handy "report to moderator" button at the bottom of any post that will open a message to the mod team.

Welcome, and I hope you find what you are looking for here! I'm not sure what you mean by finding out what is most essential for someone dealing with abuse right now... are you speaking about yourself or a particular person in your life? The "What To Do," section might be helpful here.

It's very true that our narcissistic parents can "groom" us to be open to further toxic relationships in our lives. The patterns of dysfunctional relationships are learned from childhood, and lots of work to unlearn and replace with healthy behavior. As I have often heard recovery is indeed a lifetime. :-)

Thanks for the welcome! That's not my real name wanted to pick something cool thought.

I'm writing a selfhelp guide about narcisissm right now and I know what my needs were when I was in DEEP TROUBLE and would like to know if there might be something I am missing.
I feel the need to help other people and also help myselfe in the process cause you can always learn more about it.

Yes you are correct. One of the problems is that it's hard to identify these narcisistic people and you can't put your borders up too high and build them too strong cause then you alienate other good people also. One of th traits of someone who has discovered that there infact are these sick chameleons out there who have no empathy or sense of self is to wall themselfe off from other people and put up high borders and cut themselves off. You have to learn who you are and take back yourselfe from the abuse.