Holiday Overload Meltdown

Started by Hepatica, December 22, 2020, 09:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andeza

Suddenly it's the 90's again and I'm watching The Nanny... what a voice! Might try that recipe sometime, I'll chuck it in my cooking folder. After spending half the day making 3 dozen tamales, I'm not lifting a finger in the kitchen anymore today though. :tongue2: My dad is Italian, maybe next year I'll whip this up for him. He likes to talk about all the stuff his mom used to make. Recipes from the old country. Thanks for sharing, Hepatica!
Remember, that there are no real deadlines for life, just society's pressures.      - Anonymous
Lasting happiness is not something we find, but rather something we make for ourselves.

Starboard Song

Recipe: received

Favorite appalachian music recommendation: pending
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

Hepatica

Starboard! I love Allison Kraus! :)
"There is a place in you where you have never been wounded, where there's
still a sureness in you, where there's a seamlessness in you, and where
there is a confidence and tranquility." John O'Donohue

1footouttadefog

What could appear like a rudely consummed panatone from one angle, might appear like a totally socially stressed college kid taking refuge in his childhood home from another angle.

He needed home, and he found it with a pannatone bonus.  My guess is he was processing something bigger than the dessert and was willing to accept the consequences should mercy not prevail.

Hearing my daughter relate the stories and feelings of her college friends as she kept up with them via zoom group chats and other apps this semester while at home has been interesting.

The stress of campus life during covid is tremendous apparently.  The responsible kids who are mindful of the pandemic are freaked by their carefree coumter parts.  Canceled courses, canceled travel opportunities, and internships, and kids struggling to find jobs after graduating, knowing you may habe ti move off campus suddenly if numbers tick up, knowing foriegn exchange students who are trapped away from home becaise fights are not accepted etc.  They are watching their futures unwind as the ecinomic imoacts of covid hit.

Maybe in the future a drinking or drug bender will instead be a young man making pannatone to devour with a good movie.

You've got this mom!

Hepatica

1footouttadefog,

What amazing and wonderful people frequent this board. I wish I could hug you. Really, your comment moved me and I had to share with Dh. Thank you so much for your kind words.

:bighug:

Andeza, my Dh husband would love some of those tamales. Me as well.  ;D
"There is a place in you where you have never been wounded, where there's
still a sureness in you, where there's a seamlessness in you, and where
there is a confidence and tranquility." John O'Donohue