General Malaise

Started by Lauren17, February 08, 2021, 09:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amadahy

Yes. 

I had Guillain Barre Syndrome as a child and attribute it, in part, to my extreme fear of my Nmom.  (I was literally paralyzed with fear.)  As an adult, I have battled hypertension, heart palpitations, hives and digestive upset directly related to stressful events with her.  The last stressful event took me two days to recover with much bedrest and self-care.

:hug:

Ring the bells that still can ring;
Forget your perfect offering.
There's a crack in everything ~~
That's how the Light gets in!

~~ Leonard Cohen

SparkStillLit

Whoof. My second pregnancy was a continuous migraine.
I now have gi issues due to "stress", oh and my hair is falling out and I'm awaiting labs, and yep. Random hives.
Good grief.
I've started practicing yoga again. SOMETHING has to give, and I'd rather it weren't my body.
I think of all the times I've just gone to bed on the weekends because I "just can't". I can't take any more noise, talking, people's demands upon my person, nothing. I feel like a Victorian lady for doing it, "taking to my bed", but I just can't do it anymore.
Now I hear you all do it too, so I don't feel so bad and alone. I mean, bad that we have to, but at least I'm not alone and weird.

blacksheep7

Quote from: SparkStillLit on February 12, 2021, 08:49:08 AM
Whoof. My second pregnancy was a continuous migraine.
I now have gi issues due to "stress", oh and my hair is falling out and I'm awaiting labs, and yep. Random hives.
Good grief.

I've started practicing yoga again. SOMETHING has to give, and I'd rather it weren't my body.
I think of all the times I've just gone to bed on the weekends because I "just can't". I can't take any more noise, talking, people's demands upon my person, nothing. I feel like a Victorian lady for doing it, "taking to my bed", but I just can't do it anymore.
Now I hear you all do it too, so I don't feel so bad and alone. I mean, bad that we have to, but at least I'm not alone and weird.

Good grief is right.  I wish you well SparkStillLit.

The good news is that you are finally listening to those symptoms, our red alert system.

If only we knew then.  :smug:
I may be the black sheep of the family, but some of the white sheep are not as white as they try to appear.

"When people show you who they are, believe them."
Maya Angelou

Lauren17

Quote from: SparkStillLit on February 12, 2021, 08:49:08 AM
This has been me since Christmas. "I just can't" so I sleep. Going to bed early. Taking naps.  Tired all the time. Right now, I'm wishing I could lay down. My family has started coming in to my room, after "bedtime" when my lights are out and talking to me. Does this tell me I need to set a boundary? Or I'm hiding too much?
Today I'll do some yoga. Maybe that will help.
I've cried a thousand rivers. And now I'm swimming for the shore" (adapted from I'll be there for you)

SparkStillLit

Hmmm. I don't know. I'd breathe dragon fire and burn to a crisp anyone who bugged me after lights out!!!!
Some of that was severe major depression in me, though. Some of it now is sheer freaking exhaustion still. I actually got Dr orders to "rest". Like on a script. I REALLY felt Victorian. You really can run yourself into the ground to where you'll end up in the hospital from "exhaustion". As nutty as that sounds.