Some exciting news

Started by Mintstripes, May 24, 2022, 10:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mintstripes

I’m pregnant!!!

Expecting baby number 2 later this year! And I’m going it alone. Ahh the freedom and peace of being pregnant without a PD! Such a breath of fresh air this time around.

After my divorce, I thought I was fine with just one child (DD) but last year I started to consider having another on my own. So I went for it! Started working with a fertility clinic, used a donor, tried multiple times and was starting to lose hope but I finally got pregnant a few months ago.

I have chosen not to tell my elderly relatives as they are still in contact with my NC FOO and are very invested in the happy families narrative, think I should at least reconcile with my mother and let her back in after 5+ years of NC. If mom finds out, she will go absolutely baby crazy.

GentleSoul

Congratulations.  Lovely news.   

bloomie

Mintstripes - how exciting! Congratulations! What a lot to look forward to for you and your DD!
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

JollyJazz

Awesome Mint!!! That is wonderful news  :) Congratulations 🎉🎈 I'm so glad that you will be able to have a PD free experience this time! Best wishes  :)

Amadahy

Congratulations, Mintstripes!  Wonderful!  May you have a beautiful pregnancy and enjoy every moment of the newness of life, yours and your little one's.  xoxo
Ring the bells that still can ring;
Forget your perfect offering.
There's a crack in everything ~~
That's how the Light gets in!

~~ Leonard Cohen

NarcKiddo

Congratulations. Good for you.
Don't let the narcs get you down!

Penny Lane

Congratulations!!! That's amazing news!

Mintstripes

Thank you everyone!!!
When I joined this forum ~7 years ago, if you would have told me that this is where life would take me I would have laughed! ;D

Hattie

Good for you! I've thought about doing this myself but just froze my eggs for now. Congratulations!
Love is patient; love is kind.
It does not envy; it does not boast.
It is not proud. It does not dishonour others.
It is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered.
It keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

1 Corinthians 13: 5-8.

JustKeepTrying

Congratulations and many blessings and prayers for a healthy and happy baby!

Mintstripes

Quote from: Hattie on May 27, 2022, 03:09:09 PM
Good for you! I've thought about doing this myself but just froze my eggs for now. Congratulations!

Oh good for you! :)

Thank you!!  :D

Mintstripes

Quote from: user on May 27, 2022, 11:08:10 PM
Congratulations!!! Your excitement and hopefulness comes through so strongly in your post, it's an inspiration. A great reminder that there is hope for our dreams on the other side of PD.

Absolutely. And when you're in the thick of it, it's nearly impossible to conceptualize, consider, believe even. I still remember the despair I felt in the immediate days after I left my UnPDxh. Well-meaning friends would tell me that in a year everything would be so much better, that I was strong, that I was going to be ok. But I was at my personal rock bottom, living in a shelter, trying to navigate divorce court and the overwhelming welfare system while taking care of my 2-year-old. The year that followed was my own personal hell.

I remember how badly I just wanted time to go by. I wanted to go to sleep and wake up in 2 or 3 years. It was the worst time of my life and in some ways, I'm still upset it ever happened.

But here we are. Time has finally gone by, and I'm no longer being controlled by any PDs. Never again. I love making all the decisions in my life and being Queen of my castle!! Peace is priceless.

BeautifulCrazy

Quote from: Mintstripes on May 29, 2022, 01:33:45 AM
Absolutely. And when you're in the thick of it, it's nearly impossible to conceptualize, consider, believe even. I still remember the despair I felt in the immediate days after I left my UnPDxh. Well-meaning friends would tell me that in a year everything would be so much better, that I was strong, that I was going to be ok. But I was at my personal rock bottom, living in a shelter, trying to navigate divorce court and the overwhelming welfare system while taking care of my 2-year-old. The year that followed was my own personal hell.

I remember how badly I just wanted time to go by. I wanted to go to sleep and wake up in 2 or 3 years. It was the worst time of my life and in some ways, I'm still upset it ever happened.

But here we are. Time has finally gone by, and I'm no longer being controlled by any PDs. Never again. I love making all the decisions in my life and being Queen of my castle!! Peace is priceless.
Yes!! Yes!! YES!!
This is a very concise and accurate description.

BefuddledClarity

Congratulations Mintstripes on the new baby!! Your DD will now have a DS to hangout with and play too! ;D

Quote from: Mintstripes on May 29, 2022, 01:33:45 AM
Quote from: user on May 27, 2022, 11:08:10 PM
Congratulations!!! Your excitement and hopefulness comes through so strongly in your post, it's an inspiration. A great reminder that there is hope for our dreams on the other side of PD.

I am at my rock bottom right now...and seeing your posts gives me hope. My DS is a toddler, we live with his maternal uncles[my brothers], and I feel like I'm going crazy with this court situation for custody...called the cops on PDex, but son was taken away from both of us [temporarily].

I almost left my brother's house many times and thought it better to go to a shelter, but ultimately decided against it...idk just going through this crap and my brothers have major FLEAS which is triggering/upsetting most times. I think I need to spend less time with them and worry about myself...

But anyways, I've thought about adopting another kid if anything [I'm a single parent] or just being there for any of my son's friends[if anything happens, such as DS's friends needing housing...I had a childhood friend his stepfather used to beat him, and childhood friend jumped from different friend's houses]. I have to wait until I'm completely stable[have my own house/rent apartment, buy a car, go to more therapy sessions, etc] before I can considered it fully ... I want to heal.

Anyways, thank you for posting this wonderful news! Please keep us updated[if you'd like to my]. I'm excited for you!  :)

DistanceNotDefense

That's amazing! Congratulations Mintstripes!!!!!!

Starboard Song

You were already my low-key hero for selecting mint stripes as your avatar for your Mintstripes name.

You just get more and more hero, don't you? So well done, you!
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

1footouttadefog

No longer being controlled by pds is a great way to start a new journey. Congrats.

Mintstripes

Quote from: Starboard Song on June 03, 2022, 07:03:20 AM
You were already my low-key hero for selecting mint stripes as your avatar for your Mintstripes name.

You just get more and more hero, don't you? So well done, you!

Haha thank you!! I remember exactly why I chose this name, back when I was still trapped with UnPDxh. I was wearing a tshirt with mint stripes on it and said "what the heck?!". Mint Stripes was born    :D

Mintstripes

Quote from: 1footouttadefog on June 05, 2022, 05:38:55 PM
No longer being controlled by pds is a great way to start a new journey. Congrats.

Thank you. It really is. I am grateful for how peaceful this pregnancy is, compared to the first. As I always say, freedom is priceless.

1footouttadefog

I was fortunate to have had good pregnancies in a peaceful and cooperative environment.  Those were good years bafore the PDH's mental I'll ess started really declining.

Hope all is well with you and the little one.