I am getting pressure from my family

Started by Jsinjin, April 22, 2019, 10:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jsinjin

I know that things are over.   My kids know it.   I am just having trouble reconciling.    My spouse came to my families Hime this weekend over Easter and my mother told me "you have to protect those children, you need to separate and determine how to move forward"    her behavior made the weekend horrible and this was way worse than normal.    The kids and I try to balance.   

I never expected my family to decide this strongly but there is not one person in my life who is telling me "you can work this out"

Why am I so scared?

It is unwise to seek prominence in a field whose routine chores you do not enjoy.

-Wolfgang Pauli

Spygirl

You are scared because it is scary.

I was reading this site for a few months before i left. I was desperatly hoping that after i left we could get back together after some time and counseling. Months passed that that did not happen. Here i am a year and a half later, will have my divorce finalized in a month or two.

Perhaps your family sees things your heart is not ready to accept yet. Of course, you will not do anything until you feel ready. Yes, it will change everything forever. It will be very painful, lonely, and dufficult..but it will get better. Every week a little better. Look out for yourself and your kids. Please keep in touch with the site. Everyone here has been my rock, my crystal ball, and my cheer sqaud.

I wish you peace, and clarity no matter your choices.

notrightinthehead

You probably have reason to be scared.

Having said that, I have often found that what I was so scared of before I did it, was much less scary afterwards. Sometimes facing the fear has helped me overcome it bit by bit.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

coyote

Change is always a little scary but compounded when dealing with a PD. Rally your support systems, especially understanding family. Keep things as normal as possible, routines, etc., for the kids. This will help all of you keep a sense of normalcy. Try to focus on enjoying life and having fun with the kids. Don't let her take that away. Wishing you peace and strength going forward.
How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
Wayne Dyer

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?
Capt. Jack Sparrow

Choose not to be harmed and you won't feel harmed. Don't feel harmed and you haven't been. -Marcus Aurelius