Super helpful blog on PD parents

Started by mary_poppins, February 14, 2024, 07:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mary_poppins

Just discovered this blog recently called www.hopefulpanda.com. The autor is in no contact with her narcissistic mother and I find her articles very encouraging.

One particular blog post I like is 'Should you break no contact with your abusive parents?' In it, she talked about the need/want to go back into contact with the abusive parent not coming from us but from the psychological issue of the 'trauma bond'. Basically, our 'need' to have the abusive parent around is a symptom of an issue and not something healthy. This really helped me see my trauma bond with PD mother very clearly. She 'worked' on making me chemically depended on her for my entire life, no wonder I am now 'dependent'.

Other articles that are good 'How to go no contact with narcissistic parents', 'How to break a trauma bond and beging healing' and 'Can abusive parents change? If so, what does change look like?'
"There's the whole world at your feet. And who gets to see it but the birds, the stars, and the chimney sweeps." -Mary Poppins

Starboard Song

Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward