Home of my own 2022!

Started by JollyJazz, December 21, 2021, 11:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JollyJazz

Hello all,

Okay, posting my #1 goal for 2022!

I didn't manage to get there in 2021. But I made some steps forward.

Part of my struggle is emotional, I have been subject to decades of stalking by my FOO, so being in one place feels scary.

On the other, I yearn for a safe harbour, a home of my own. I'm feeling more confident about being able to protect myself and my home, even of my FOO finds my address. So I'm going to try and achieve this goal in 2022. Thanks for your encouragement and support everyone!  :)

bee well

Hello,

Thanks for sharing about your project...I'm glad you hear you are still focussed on this goal! Congratulations on your steps forward!

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty that has been brought by the situation with your FOO. You deserve a safe harbour, where ever you are. The "home of your own" project is empowering, a great way to claim mental space which is yours, now, and as you go forward into 2022.

Sending Best holiday and New Years Wishes!

JollyJazz

Thank you Bee well for your encouragement and kind wishes!

Yes, it's quite traumatic being stalked as an adult by your parents, and quite common amongst us out of the foggers!

Yes, I'm feeling really good and focused on my goal now  :) thank you!

GentleSoul

Wishing you all the very best in reaching your goal of finding your safe harbour in 2022.

JustKeepTrying

Sending you warm thoughts and wishes for your safe harbor in 2022!

blacksheep7

Best wishes in your endeavors for your new home Jollyjazz.

Happy, peaceful and safe holidays.  :)
I may be the black sheep of the family, but some of the white sheep are not as white as they try to appear.

"When people show you who they are, believe them."
Maya Angelou

1footouttadefog

I hope you find a location with a local law enforcement that will give you the support you need. 

JollyJazz

Dear GentleSoul, JustKeepTrying, BlackSheep7, and 1FootOutOfTheFog,

Thanks so much for your kind words and encouragement!!! 🤗

I'm going to keep everyone here posted. It just means so much to have a community here that just totally understands things like having a FOO that stalks us and there such awful stuff!

There have been a lot of emotional hurdles for me, and there still are, but I'm utterly determined to clear them, thanks for your help and encouragement!  :)  :thumbup: :bighug:

Amadahy

Best wishes, Jollyjazz!!  We're rooting for you!

Have you heard of/experienced EFT (emotional freedom technique)?  I find it wonderfully useful for getting past such hurdles.  You can do some tutorial searches on youtube.  You almost cannot do it "wrong," which I love.  In fact, my first session was, in part, me reciting "I don't know about this," "I'm not sure this works," etc. and it was still wildly useful.  LOL.  Give it a go if you feel so inclined.  :)
Ring the bells that still can ring;
Forget your perfect offering.
There's a crack in everything ~~
That's how the Light gets in!

~~ Leonard Cohen

Worthy of Care

Hoping for you that you are in your own safe, beautiful home soon.

JollyJazz

Hi Amadahy and WorthyofCare,

Thanks so much for your responses and support!  :) It really means a lot.

Amadahy, thanks for the EFT tip - I will check it out - I like finding new resources, thank you!!

WorthyofCare, thank you. There's a few steps on my journey but I really am hoping I can get there by mid to late this year  :)

I am going to be posting regular updates on my progress in order to help me on this goal.

It's so great having the support here, because I've realised that I have had major psychological hurdles to feeling safe in one place (due to stalking and harassment from FOO e.g. barging into home bedroom, aggressively finding addresses etc.) as well as the usual logistical challenges of finding a home, plus a lack of self confidence due to decades of severe emotional abuse.

I'm just determined however! Thanks and hugs! I'm on vacation for about a week now, but starting my quest soon! I am saving of course  :)

Mintstripes

Good luck, Jolly!
This is a wonderful project to work on for the new year. You deserve it.
When we are used to chaos, peace feels unnatural, almost.
Here's to much peace and serenity in 2022.

JollyJazz

Thanks so much Mint! I really appreciate your support  :)

I hope all is going well with you.
I'll keep updating the group on my progress towards this goal.
It helps motivate me as I overcome the emotional hurdles associated with settling down after so many years of stalking and believing in my own ability to make decisions about a major life purchase such as this
Thanks again  :)

bee well

Hi Jolly Jazz,

Glad to hear your goal is at the forefront! The fact that you have this goal, is in my view, a large sign of progress! Happy 2022!  :yourock:

JollyJazz

Thanks for your encouragement Beewell! I'll keep the group posted on how I get on!  :)

mary_poppins

I love this goal and I'm sure you're gonna hit it. For me it's like this: it doesn't really matter when a goal is accomplished as long as you work for it and do your best. Time is relative anyway. right?
"There's the whole world at your feet. And who gets to see it but the birds, the stars, and the chimney sweeps." -Mary Poppins

JollyJazz

Hi Mary Poppins,

Thanks heaps for your encouragement!
Honesty, it means a lot!

I'll keep the updates coming here  :) I've got a fair ways to go, but I'm feeling optimistic about things!