any tips for dealing with feelings associated with abandonment and being alone?

Started by Poison Ivy, August 06, 2019, 08:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poison Ivy

I've been divorced for more than 3 years; ex-h began withdrawing long before then, so I've lived alone for many years now.  I function well on the surface in daily life but feel sad and depressed, despite having a few kind friends and family members.  Thanks.

2_exhausted

:bighug: Poison Ivy.

I relate. I am older and my closest friend is 25:years younger. My BPDm, whom I was living with because she lost her vision in one eye, raged in December. She had her 87 year old sister pick her up. She then fractured her hip, and now lives with my aunt.
My level of functioning is going to work, I am a nurse. I return home and feed my dog. It is a struggle to do almost anything. My last haircut was in January  :aaauuugh:.
Now my NPD bf cheated for the last three months. Instead of freaking out.... I remained calm.....I am attempting accepting it and trying to control my triggers of abandonment. I am trying to keep the breakdown from occurring as I know it will occur when dog dies, she is very old. She is the living thing I love most.
I value honesty and he is the inverse person to me.
I wish you peace.