Does this sound like uNPD? I’m completely broken

Started by Limerence, March 06, 2023, 12:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limerence

It's so sad. I love her and I miss her dearly, but it feels like she never truly loved me. Maybe she loved me in a different way? Maybe her love was more transactional. Clearly, it wasn't love if she wasn't willing to be there for me when I was depressed. The closest thing I can describe to this experience is finding out that you live in the Matrix. Everything I experienced with this girl over the past year has basically been a lie.

It feels like we both loved each other and felt each other's love, but we were loving each other for different reasons and we were both blind to it, until the honey moon phase ended and the realization kicked in.

escapingman

I am really sorry to say this, but she never loved you. She loved you loving her.

Limerence

No apology needed lol. I understand that. I'm just expressing grief that these people are like this.  :'(

moglow

I'll go out on a limb and say that not everyone's definition of love [or even truth] is the same. My mother is known for saying "I love my children but I don't love what they do." She's said it just that way, to me, multiple times now. Who DOES that, like she's talking to some third person and not one of the aforementioned children? Unconditional love is a very one-way street with her and she seems incapable of delivering on anything no matter how trivial. She can and does rewrite history on the regular to suit whatever drama or chaos she's concocted in her mind. There's always an explanation [read: excuse] and there's blame to be firmly placed at someone else's feet. Heaven forbid she be called to account for herself.
"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
"Expectations are disappointments under construction." ~Capn Spanky, The Nook circa 2005ish