My house final inspections are set

Started by Jsinjin, October 26, 2020, 11:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jsinjin

For those who don't know I own a second home a few miles from where I live with OCPDw and the kids.   It's tiny and my dad and I have been renovating it for a long time.  .today in the meeting with the head inspector he agreed that we are ready to finish up and outlined the last fewthinfs for the inspections.

Such a relief!
It is unwise to seek prominence in a field whose routine chores you do not enjoy.

-Wolfgang Pauli

Poison Ivy

Free2Bme

:yahoo:

Great news Jsinjin.

Is your father aware of your circumstances and intentions for the house?   If so, is he supportive?

Jsinjin

Quote from: Free2Bme on October 27, 2020, 05:40:14 PM
:yahoo:

Great news Jsinjin.

Is your father aware of your circumstances and intentions for the house?   If so, is he supportive?

Hi, I actually own it so dad is just helping me with construction.   I bought it originally for my uOCPDw's mother who was ailing and in a home.    But her mother grew very sick and passed several years ago.   The cottage (it's 24 x 24 feet) sat unused a few years.    When I had a breakdown emotionally from dealing with my spouse my sisters and father moved me into his home nearby (he is retired) and he insisted on helping me revovate the cottage to have a safe place.   I've paid for all the renovations with money I've earned on the side consulting and doing patent work without my spouse knowing.   Dad just lent me his engineering skills during the project.   He is aware of the situation and idea and the need for a safe place.   My spouse and I are fortunate that my career and finances have paid off our family home and this one was bought for cash.   So yeah, dad is totally supportive and the remodel was his and my sisters' idea.   
It is unwise to seek prominence in a field whose routine chores you do not enjoy.

-Wolfgang Pauli

Free2Bme

It is good that your F is supportive, and it's always great to have an engineer in the family!  You are blessed to have your dad to collaborate with, really an accomplishment  :thumbup:

Kat54

Congratulations! Another step and accomplishment for you. Glad you have family who are behind you.

20yrsofcrazy