I can't believe how often she loses it with the kids

Started by Jsinjin, May 19, 2019, 08:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jsinjin

I e started watching from the outside.    As an observer rather than a person smoothing things over.   I truly can't believe how little she does to establish parenting and how much she does with random screaming and finding fault with things as she walks around.   The behavior reminds me of a kid in an antique store filled with thousands of objects on shelves.    She will become engaged and wander through the home picking up one issue after another, none of the problems can be solved and all are designed to be open ended issues with no solution.   She will yell things about how they never come downstairs or their laundry was not out away earlier this week or they didn't empty their lunchbox two days ago or the chickens went without water on Monday.    And the issues keep going with no time to counter.    It's bizarre behavior.   She can't have any discipline or order or rules but can find thousands of issues.   It is so strange.
It is unwise to seek prominence in a field whose routine chores you do not enjoy.

-Wolfgang Pauli

Whiteheron

Sounds a lot like my stbx. Anything goes at his place, but he nitpicks and finds fault with just about anything. It's completely random.

DS15 has been telling me it's much worse than usual, which is a typical pattern for stbx. It seems to get worse as the kids become older and more independent.
You can't destroy me if I don't care.

Being able to survive it doesn't mean it was ever ok.