CPTSD will not stop, how do I do this? :(

Started by Jane Doe, Yesterday at 01:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jane Doe

Hello people at Out of the FOG.  I read here a bunch and am thankful for all the good advice.

I don't know how to take care of this.  My BPDnarc birth mother keeps after me and I'm getting triggered several times a month.  We moved thousands of miles away when we retired so she couldn't just show up, but I tried being nice and wow it's backfired, maybe it's my fault? :unsure:

I was dx with c-PTSD last year due to her.  My sweet father passed years ago and she is all alone because nobody can stand to be around her. *She puts everyone down and talks bad and negative behind backs and to your face and thinks it's ok. She has a grandchild that helps her out but they don't like her either - she acts entitled even though she has nothing and was living out of her car at one time.  She use to be rich but gave it away in a scam overseas because they promised her love and money, lots of money and she believe it - she's in her early 80s.

I have her blocked on my phone, but her calls go into a "blocked file" which seems crazy but it's what Verizon does - so I have a file of her on my phone saying how "I GAVE YOU LIFE!"  :roll:  And "PLLEEEZZZ call MEEEE" .   I don't delete them in case I need to to a police report, I've thought of this before but had deleted a bunch of her crazy guilting messaged.

It's triggering me bad, this happens about 3-4 times a month now.

Any suggestions other than to changed my number?  I have doctors and such on this number and really don't want to do this -

Should I send a letter this time?  She says she has not idea what she did, and this may be true but I have told her for over 50 years I cannot take the constant control, manipulation, guilt rides, and just lies after lies.

Here is a big part - she tried to take about $200,000. Of my life savings from me and lies about it, has no remorse at all!  :sadno:

How can I "forgive" this?  She will toss out a general "well Jane you need to just forgive me" as in it's ok for her to go about doing this!

I'm furious, so bad I'm losing sleep and with each voice message/call sad to say I am hating her that much more.  This is not good for me, I'm very sick and my doctor said that stress makes me worse.  She is literally killing me and me nor my husband know what to do about it.  I do not want to phone her at all because she will lay the guilt trips on and I will say horrible things - right now I cannot stop the hate! Please can someone straighten me out - I'm wanting to be an adult about this and not say things I shouldn't.

Thank you.

moglow

Have you gone through Verizon - tell them you're being harassed and you want them to leave you alone. When I blocked mother "on my phone* it was saved elsewhere and calls went straight to voicemail. I had technical difficulty a while back and had to dump and reinstall Verizon messenger - a bunch of texts from a blocked number popped up. So they're out there in limbo somewhere. 

HOWEVER, when I went through Verizon to block a number, I never saw or heard another thing. The other party got something like "we're sorry, we're unable to connect your call at this time." The calls and messages did not connect to my phone AND I couldn't call/message them. It bounced off like a force field. 

Just a thought.
"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
"Expectations are disappointments under construction." ~Capn Spanky, The Nook circa 2005ish

Jane Doe

Thank you @Moglow, we had thought we did that a few days ago but it didn't stick.  We can go to the Verizon store and have them do it if it's possible with our phone plan.

Good advice.  :thumbup:

moglow

I had to pay a little extra for the service,  at the time it was hidden under "parental controls." (Oh the irony - I was blocking my mother at the time!)
"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
"Expectations are disappointments under construction." ~Capn Spanky, The Nook circa 2005ish