Set an Exit Date; Hoo Boy!

Started by SeaBreeze, February 12, 2023, 11:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBreeze

Youngest DS left a few months ago and is somewhere safe. With just uNPDh and me here, the Hoover commenced. I've enjoyed the respite, but also knew not to get sucked in. I continued with my exit plans while expecting the next inevitable disregulation and discard.

Sure enough, we're now on day 3 of ST. But guess what? I'm in discard mode, too. While uNPDh has been sulking in his room, I have set an exit date. I've found a temporary home. I've requested time off from work, and boss says I can temporarily work from out of state. Which means I'll have to find a permanent home and a new job, but right now I'm focused on that exit date.

It's going to be a few more weeks, and I'm already fighting off those creeping tendrils of FOG, but again, I'm staying focused. Wish me strength, y'all. And patience. *breathes and tries not to vomit*

hhaw

Make good use of the ST and I'm praying for the best possible outcome for you and your exit strategy.
hhaw

What you are speaks so loudly in my ears.... I can't hear a word you're saying.

When someone tells you who they are... believe them.

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Nietchzsche

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness."
Eleanor Roosevelt

square

We are pulling for you. I very much admire your strength.

InTheDragonsDen

Seabreeze, you are amaing! Smooth transition to your freedom and happiness!!!

I hope I can be as lucky as you soon!!!

notrightinthehead

I can't hate my way into loving myself.

Boat Babe

Keep your eyes on the prize. Practice self compassion and polyvagal breathing. Get those ducks in a row and be ready to fly! We are all cheering you on.
It gets better. It has to.

SonofThunder

Quote from: hhaw on February 12, 2023, 11:09:45 AM
Make good use of the ST and I'm praying for the best possible outcome for you and your exit strategy.
:yeahthat: +1

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

SeaBreeze

Thank you, everyone. uNPDh broke ST last night by getting drunk and amorous. Knocked on my door 2x (separate bedrooms for several years now) but he finally left me alone and stayed in his room. I've got an overnight 'if the house is on fire" bag, shoes and keys at the ready, etc such prepared. I almost left this morning!