Hello, and a little about me

Started by samia, April 25, 2023, 08:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samia

Hello, everyone.

While I've been reading this site and the forum since early this year, I decided to finally post today. I saw this forum has been recommended by others' therapists, which confirmed for me that I'm in the right place.

I am 30 years old, married, and expecting our first. I've recently gone NC with over half of my FOO. As I don't have a therapist or any diagnoses, I've been forging this path solo based on my own journaling, intuition, and research. I'm here to share and find support, as I'm finding it hard to meet people who understand my situation.

notrightinthehead

Welcome! As you know, a child brings many changes. And while I got to know my first born, I remembered much about my own childhood. What was good and what I would do differently. I am glad you joined us and I look forward to reading more of your story.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

SonofThunder

Hi samia,

Another warm welcome here.  Im sorry you are having such difficulties with your FOO.  A huge congratulations to you on expecting a child and my wishes for the start of a joyful journey of parenthood.  Yes, you are among a worldwide group of calm, caring, empathetic people who walk these same trails alongside you.

Please grab an empty chair around the friendly campfires of the forum boards, put a marshmallow on a stick, break off a square of Hershey's and a slab of graham cracker and warm your tired feet near the fire.  Im sure someone has brought some hot cocoa to pair.  Looking forward to friendly future conversations with you here at Out of the FOG.

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

samia

Quote from: notrightinthehead on April 26, 2023, 02:21:34 AM
Welcome! As you know, a child brings many changes. —

Hello! You are so right about these changes. I was struck with the realization that I have the time and space to make these healthy choices now, and the sooner I got on my feet, the better for myself, the better for my child. Thank you for the welcome.

Quote from: SonofThunder on April 26, 2023, 05:15:59 AM
Hi samia,

Another warm welcome here. —

Reading your message brought a smile to my face. While I am nervous to talk about these hard things, I'm also looking forward to the growth this could bring. Thank you for the warm welcome.

KyrieEleison

Hi Samia,

I just joined recently too!

Like you, I'm in my early 30s, married and basically NC with my FOO. It's painful but so was being around them. 😕

I can't count the number of hours of research, YouTube videos, podcasts, articles and books I've used to try to figure out...is it them? Is it me??

I pray we all find answers that bring us true peace.

Congratulations on your pregnancy, how exciting! 🎉

See you around!