Extreme behavior when wakened

Started by 11JB68, March 04, 2023, 05:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11JB68

Don't know if this is common.  Wondering if others have experiences it.  Updh sometimes if wakened suddenly or still very tired exhibits extreme behavior.... anger etc. Just happened.

Poison Ivy

11JB68

I think it's more that the mask slips.
Lack of inhibition.
He asked me to wake him an hour after I got back.  In past of I DON'T  he gets mad.
I didn't even wake him (was going to soon as it had been almost an hour). Something woke him.  If he had stumbled to the bathroom and said give me another hour,  FINE. I'm more than happy to read quietly for another hour... but he spoke to me,  went to the bathroom,  went out and had a cigarette.  So i figured he was up.  I turned on the light etc.  He comes back... swearing,  huffing,  puffing etc.  Then i got like 20 minutes of what I did wrong followed by half an hour of all the stuff he's stressed about...

square

That just sounds like standard abusive PD behavior. After going to the bathroom and having a cigarette, he's pretty far from having been awakened. He's up.

Cascade

My pdh often became angry when he was awakened by me or our children or even our pets, but his alarm clock doesn't anger him.

1footouttadefog

Sounds like a ploy to male sure at least one additional hour of your day revolves around him. 

He could set an alarm clock for crying out loud or put one on his phone. 

I am guessing  it's after you return from work that an entire hour has to be quiet and spent clock watching to keep you focused on him.  I would set a timer and use that time as I chose within being reasonably quiet.

Him getting up to use bathroom and a smoke break then acting like you are starting him seems like an act or manipulation. 

Kkat

My cat sometimes meows at night and wakes us up.... one night he got so mad he took out pots and pans and started banging them around in the bedroom... then he grabbed a bag of chips and started to crinkle it... basically mad at me and blaming me for the cat waking him up.... funny thing is... since he has been gone she has not meowed... i truly think she could tell something is off with him.   Every time it would happen it would be my fault.