Legal documents - what to keep

Started by Associate of Daniel, September 01, 2023, 11:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Associate of Daniel

I feel I'm getting close to being able to confront the piles of legal paperwork that have accumulated over the last 11 years or so since uNPD exH left.

There are bills and receipts from solicitors, mediators, psychologists.  There are copies of pertinent email exchanges between myself and uNPD exH.  There are covering and content letters from solicitors.  There are draft court orders that didn't make the cut.  And I'm sure there are other items I've forgotten about.

Do any of you have suggestions as to what I should keep and what would be ok to get rid of?

Ds is 16 and a half so we still have a little less that 18 months until he's officially an adult.  But he will still have a year of school left after that.

I want to get rid of what I can so that ds doesn't have to deal with it.  I also just want to free up some space in my drawers.

AOD

Poison Ivy

My suggestion is that you get a large box or bin and throw everything in there. Label the box, put it in the back of the basement or a closet, and try to allow yourself not to think about the stuff at least until DS leaves for college (or whatever he decides to do as his adult life begins).

SeaBreeze

I'd also suggest scanning digital copies of some or all of it, storing in 2 separate digital spaces (like a flash drive, then backed up on a cloud server, for example). Then shred anything you don't feel you need a hard copy of.