I graduated from the Divorce Group.. Here now

Started by aybabtu, December 17, 2019, 10:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aybabtu

Hello, I am super new to this part of the forum. Quick back story, left wife in 2017 right after Christmas, she committed a lot of domestic abuse against me. we have a child. She filed for divorce about 10 days later, it took 17 months to go through the process. Been in counseling since I left, it has helped.

I am working on myself right now. Going through long periods of loneliness, I feel discarded and unwanted in terms of relationships. Anyone else been in the same boat?

Latchkey

Hey aybabtu,

How are things going with the co-parenting/parallel parenting?

This  co-parenting board is more for support with that kind of interaction but I know many of us here do struggle with loneliness and part of this is being a single parent. I know for me that my bouts of loneliness are tempered with extreme feelings of peacefulness and relief as having to not be in an abusive relationship and knowing my kids are safe when they are with me. This time of year is especially hard so best to find friends to be with or maybe look to the new year and join some meet-up groups or volunteer with a local organization. Focus on you and also maybe look at working with a therapist if you are not already.

I don't think we ever graduate from the divorce group- it's ok to keep posting there and also to look at Working on Us for more support with relationships and stuff.

Latchkey
What is your plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
-Mary Oliver
-
I can be changed by what happens to me but I refuse to be reduced by it.
-Maya Angelou
-
When we have the courage to do what we need to do, we unleash mighty forces that come to our aid.

athene1399

Nice to meet to, Aybabtu. I am an honorary step mom (SO and I aren't married) so I can't speak about what divorce is like or anything like that. I just wanted to welcome you to our group. I also second what Latchkey said about the Working on Us group. I have seen people discuss loneliness or moving on after divorce there. I am glad that counseling is helping. Take care and happy holidays. :)